No load, under OS9 ?

L

lonb

Friendly neighborhood Mac familiars,

Recently my company launched the website, w.SnapFood.com (outdated link removed). Our primary market includes a substantial number of multimedia development companies, a subset of which use OS9. Some of our field people have witnessed firsthand that our "website doesn't load at all" on some of these machines.

I don't know anyone with OS9 so I can't test this. If anyone can check this out, and possibly suggest why the problem is occurring, it would be incredibly appreciated.

In fact, if you work in Manhattan, we would be happy to offer you a discount on ordering through the web site (sorry the service is only available right now in NYC).

Thanks in advance!

- Lon

OP
D

dtx3000

just tried it out in IE 5.1, under 9.2 and it's refusing to load the "food.jpg" image on the home page.

OP
D

dtx3000

matter of fact, it straight-up locks up the system.
loads fine in X though

OP
L

lonb

Hmm

dtx3000 said:
matter of fact, it straight-up locks up the system.
loads fine in X though
dtx, thank you for testing. On other board they initially thought it was the image also, but a quick test seems to indicate that it's not. Currently the thinking is that it might be the javascript. here's the thread:
tp://www.baseboard.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=156489 (outdated link removed)

What do you think?

OP
D

dtx3000

you've got some messy html code there. great site and concept i must say though. too bad i'm not in NYC, i'd give it a go. but - i would attest to the javascript; it's of course going to cause problems in internet explorer. i've never had much luck with js and ie in os 9.
if you need any more testing i'd be glad to help.
-dtx

OP
L

lonb

dtx3000 said:
you've got some messy html code there. great site and concept i must say though. too bad i'm not in NYC, i'd give it a go. but - i would attest to the javascript; it's of course going to cause problems in internet explorer. i've never had much luck with js and ie in os 9.
if you need any more testing i'd be glad to help.
-dtx
Thanks re: the site/concept comment!

What about the HTML is messy? I'd love to get the whole thing clean, but I'm not sure which specific parts your refering to.

OP
D

dtx3000

heh, maybe i'm just used to using dreamweaver!
makes it more readable (to me), don't know about any speed gains though.
best luck in your business.
-dtx

OP
L

lonb

Omfg

IT IS FIXED!!!!!!

I found the problem after going back to basics and stripping out section after section. It only took so long because I could not believe the problem. In fact, I still don't but, please test and you'll see it is resolved.

The problem is that Internet Explorer on the Mac crashes when I have two images next to each other and one of them as the align param in the img tag.

Scary, kids?

Yes, the new version (now in testing at tp://home.lonbinder.com:8080/welcome.jsp) (outdated link removed) simply determines that tag now with some JS and it seems to work. But please feel free to test.

INSANITY!!!!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.