No disk located on MacBook Pro to install OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13-inches (mid-2009).2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Memory:2 GB 1067 M
I recently cleaned out my computer completely and ordered the OS X 10.6 for my 2009 MacBook Pro (mid 2009). I inserted my OS X DVD into the player and when I get to the part that says "Select the disk where you want to install Mac OS X" it's empty! Where do I go from here to install my new OS X??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I'm not sure what you mean by it's empty, but it will be if you used Disk Utility to erase or formatted the mounted drive.

Just Install onto the mounted volume showing if it's to become your Mac's boot drive.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13-inches (mid-2009).2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Memory:2 GB 1067 M
I'm not sure what you mean by it's empty, but it will be if you used Disk Utility to erase or formatted the mounted drive.

Just Install onto the mounted volume showing if it's to become your Mac's boot drive.

I'm in Disk Utility now. How do you do that? Do I try and Mount my 160.04GB Jufitsu MJA216OBH FFS G1 Media which my Disk0s2 is located?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
If you're using Disk Utility to erase/format your boot volume, it should mount on its own when you've finished.

It should be formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and any option should be set as GUID format. Doing so will erase any existing data.

For more info, check some sites like :
Format external drives to Mac OS Extended before using with Aperture - Apple Support
iClarified - Mac OS X - Format a Hard Drive Using Mac OS X Disk Utility
etc.

Once it's formatted correctly, just install SL onto the boot volume which should be showing and already mounted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.