newbie to forum, have a problem with my Mini?

Reaction score
First of all, I'm not sure if this is where I could discuss technical issues.
Thanks for any and all help.
My Mini, Tiger, intel 1.66 ghz. My cursor goes crazy every so often, fluttering in and out, I can't scroll up and down in any application, and open programs freeze and are very slow to respond. I restart to get rid of it and it has happened repeatedly in the past few weeks or so. Does anybody know what this is and how to correct it?
Again, thanks, and forgive newbie mistakes.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
First of all, I'm not sure if this is where I could discuss technical issues.

Well, you posted this in a 5 year old thread which was started in our Site Suggestions/Comments section about starting up a forum specific to the Mini. So, I moved it out to its own thread in the appropriate forum (Apple Desktops).

Thanks for any and all help.
My Mini, Tiger, intel 1.66 ghz. My cursor goes crazy every so often, fluttering in and out, I can't scroll up and down in any application, and open programs freeze and are very slow to respond. I restart to get rid of it and it has happened repeatedly in the past few weeks or so. Does anybody know what this is and how to correct it?
Again, thanks, and forgive newbie mistakes.

This may seem obvious, but did you try changing out the mouse? Sometimes they get flakey, particularly the Apple Mighty Mouse.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you don't have one, you should always have at least one spare cheapie wired mouse around just for troubleshooting these sort of things.

OP
C
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the info

And shifting the post to a relevant thread. Checking out the old mouse. (I'd actually changed my mouse out from the super mouse that originally came with the system.)
Thanks and 'scuse me, again. But I DO like there being a place to come and discuss problems when they do arise.:Blushing:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.