newbie needs wireless internet help on G4

Reaction score
I have 2 G4 desktops. #1 runs OS 10.4 and is connected to the internet via cable modem/ethernet . Computer #2. runs OS 10.3. with a 250mhz processor. I would like to connect #2 wireless to the internet. Do I need to buy airport cards for both machines? Is there a 3rd party solution for wireless internet for machines this old? My goal is to have both machines connected to the internet and hook up #2 to my flat screen tv and be able to search the internet. any Advice?

Thanks
Otis4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
I use the Dynex WiFi PCI card in all my Macs that don't have AirPort cards. They work fine with Tiger and Leopard, no drivers needed.

But... caveat: There never was a 250MHz G4. Is it perhaps a 350MHz G4? A 250MHz G3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 1.25GHz/2GB/500GB HD/10.5; MacBook 2 GHz/2GB/320GB HD/Snow Leopard; MacMini Intel Solo
Hi Otis4,

I recently installed a Belkin F5D8053 USB 2.0 N Wireless Adapter on my PM G4, but I have to get the Mac driver from Daniel Tobin, a guy that posted the drivers about 2 yrs ago on the forums.

Only disadvantage is you'll need to purchase:
1) A Belkin N Wireless Router F5D8233-4 or equivalent
2) A PCI USB 2.0 Card (easily available with a couple of ports) for both PM G4s.

With the above, you get pretty fast internet speeds without purchasing an Airport card.

Not sure whether this helps, if you need more information I would be glad to help.

Sim;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.