New videocard needed for a G4

Reaction score
Where to buy Radeon 8500 Mac?

I'm looking to buy a few Radeon 8500 Mac editions for three G4 Sawtooths, but I can't seem to find any online stores that sell them, and I don't think the regular PC version will work for a Mac. Can someone help me find a retailer that has the Mac 8500s?

m19

J

JGO

Morgan19 said:
I'm looking to buy a few Radeon 8500 Mac editions for three G4 Sawtooths, but I can't seem to find any online stores that sell them, and I don't think the regular PC version will work for a Mac. Can someone help me find a retailer that has the Mac 8500s?

m19

I recently went through the same hunt. I found one retailer that had it ... then canceled my order. See the 8500's were discontinued.

No the regular PC version will not work in the MAC .... unless ... you flash the bios to a MAC bios. If you search eBay you will find people who have done this because PC 8500's are dirt cheap.

I wound up going with a Radeon 9000 myself.

--jake

OP
M
Reaction score
This was actually an old version of a question, I ended up picking up a couple 7000s as we dind't want to spend the money on the insanely overpriced Mac 9xxx's. =\

m19

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.