New to the Mac, why did this happen?

Reaction score
Early on, I downloaded firefox, double clicked the downloaded file and there was that image of a firefox icon and the app folder. At that time, I expected to see an installation wizard or something, so I did not drag the firefox icon to the folder to "install" it. I just clicked the firefox icon which launched the browser and installed the XMarks add-on. I wondered where firefox was installed and couldn't figure it out, so I deleted the downloaded file, thinking I was done with it. Much later, I downloaded firefox again and dragged it in the app folder. Now, the question is, since I deleted firefox early on and downloaded it anew, how come XMarks is still installed the second time around? Did I improperly delete firefox the first time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The extensions go into a different folder (User/Library/Mozilla/Extensions), so you didn't remove it when you deleted Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Oh, a Firefox question...

Why does this happen?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.