New to Macs

Reaction score
Hello all,
After many, many years as a PC owner i decided to buy a mac. After all with my iphone, and Ipod shuffle all i needed was the desktop. My questions is a simple one for all of you but i cant figure it out. I need to update my usb drivers, my Mac doesnt seem to recognize the usb port. I took it to the apple store to see if it was the dock but it works fine. It also works with my pc, so long story short. How do i go about updating my drivers? I know how on a pc but have not found the option on a mac. Thank you all. Can't wait to learn more about my Mac.
~Jack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Do the USB ports just not work? What specifically is the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hello all,
I need to update my usb drivers, my Mac doesnt seem to recognize the usb port. I took it to the apple store to see if it was the dock but it works fine. It also works with my pc, so long story short. How do i go about updating my drivers?
There are no 'drivers' to update.
What exactly isn't working or what exactly isn't happening that you feel should be happening?

We'll need a little more information before we can try and help you.

What computer are you using... what are the specs, OS version, hardware, etc. ?

I am going to assume you are talking about either and iPod or iPhone dock, is it that your device isn't mounting?

Please let us know as much information as possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.