New to Macs and stuck

Reaction score
Hi. I just bought my MacBook yesterday after being a PC owner for years.
I don't have cable and there are certain TV shows that I download and watch on my comp. On my PC I used to do this via bitcomet. I have azureus for my Mac now, and it's wonderful, however it won't play the torrent I downloaded. Quicktime opens and it says it's playing but there is no sound or picture. I already got DivX for Mac on here and that hasn't helped.
Does anyone know what I can do to get this to work because I am positive it's a good torrent. Do certain torrents only work for PCs? Is there something else I need to download in order to watch this? Any help would be much apreciated. Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Sounds like a video codec issue to me.

Download Flip4Mac and/or use VLC Player

A torrent is a torrent, no matter what platform you're on. I use Azureus on both my Mac and Windows systems. You could always try the the files you downloaded on another system, like your PC for example.

OP
L
Reaction score
OK neither of those are working. And I don't have my PC because I gave it to my mother who lives 4 hours away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The files you've downloaded, what format are they? *.avi? *.wmv? etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
They should play in Quicktime no problem without any codecs added. Are you sure the torrent finished downloading the entire file set?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
If vlc isn't playing it then I would say the file is bad. Try downloading a video that you have played on your old pc and see if it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
I agree...file must be bad

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.