New to mac...

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I just want to say thanks for letting me join.
Anyway, I am planning to buy a macbook and was wondering if the Refurbished macbook are worth it. I can afford both but why not save money. Is there any reason why I should not go with a refurb. one?

Thanks

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
welcome to the forums!

i got my coreduo macbook new last september, so i can't really answer the question. but you may want to check out this thread about refurbs.

Reaction score
If you are a student, then chances are you can get a new one for almost the same price. If not, Refurb is the way to go. I have friends who have them and they look brand new. Mac does a great job making them look new. I'd say go refurb and buy apple care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Yes! get a new one, I did and its great, best thing I have ever done getting shot of Windows XP.

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Well i'm 16 and got my first Macbook on Monday. I've been using it for the few days now and it beats Windows. It's hard to explain why Mac is better, but ''it just works''. I got the Core 2 Duo 1.83Ghz with 512MB Ram (I upgraded it to 2x512mb = 1GB).

Macs rule.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Well i'm 16 and got my first Macbook on Monday. I've been using it for the few days now and it beats Windows. It's hard to explain why Mac is better, but ''it just works''. I got the Core 2 Duo 1.83Ghz with 512MB Ram (I upgraded it to 2x512mb = 1GB).

Macs rule.

Heh....your post is funny in a slightly ironic way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.

Macs rule.

Yep! macs do rule, pleased that you like it.

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.