• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27" 2020 2TB 32 Ram 5K Retina
Thought I would say hello, name is NotSavvy as it is so true. Own a Imac 2020 2TB with 32GB Ram, got it as I love photography so had to try for some power for photos and editing software. I have owned this Mac for two years and still don't know my way round it 100% yet, yesterday had fun as upgraded to Ventura then the Mac went crazy and only managed to roll it back to Catalina and then upgrade to Ventura today. Looking forward to learning more and getting advice tips/help off members in the know.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome NotSavvy.:)

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, @NotSavvy. Hope to see around whenever you need help - or, of course, provide help:)

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you both for the welcome, just trying to find where to get help with security as made a mistake and now stuck.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you both for the welcome, just trying to find where to get help with security as made a mistake and now stuck.

Here:

If you can't find the specific answer...post a new thread describing the issue.

Screen Shot 2022-10-30 at 7.53.38 AM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here:

If you can't find the specific answer...post a new thread describing the issue.

View attachment 37143

Thank you very much, I managed to sort it out as I had two security software on the Mac here and had trouble to uninstall one so it's all set up and running well now.

Reaction score
Thank you very much, I managed to sort it out as I had two security software on the Mac here and had trouble to uninstall one so it's all set up and running well now.

What "security software" did/do you have installed? In my experience, some third party security software for the Macintosh can cause far more problems than it prevents.

Also, some such software is notoriously hard to fully uninstall. You either have to use a specific uninstaller program that you get directly from the developer, or you have to use a special type of search utility (such as the free EasyFind) that will search everywhere on your hard drive (unlike Spotlight) to find all of the program's components and uninstall them.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I believe member @NotSavvy is referring to having both Kaspersky and Intego software active at the same time. See this thread Uninstall Kaspersky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe member @NotSavvy is referring to having both Kaspersky and Intego software active at the same time. See this thread Uninstall Kaspersky

Yes you are correct, I first got Kaspersky downloaded it and set up, then I read a post in the forum here saying about NOT using it so then got Intego X9 Bundle. The fun started when it came to uninstall the Kaspersky one and with the help from a mate I managed it so happy now that it all works like a dream as the saying goes.

robertjulia

Reaction score
Take a second and say hi so we can welcome you to the Mac-Forums community!
Hi 1st of thanks, I'm excited being part of this community. My name is Robert Julian, professionally I'm Web developer and working as Node expert in a software house.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome, Robert Julian! What Mac and maybe other Apple products do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023 14" MBP M2 Max 32GB RAM 2TB OS 13.3
Hey everyone, glad to be here, I used to frequent another Mac Forum that slowly got weirder and weirder and now seems to have disappeared for what may be undisclosed obvious reasons, which was good when people stuck to things like tech advice. I've only used a Mac since about 1997 and watched friends and family slowly (and some seemingly unwilling at first) transition from PC to Mac as their lives suddenly became less troubled in terms of technological interfacing. Some still live on the dark side. Looking forward to talk Mac and contribute when I can.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Toroidal...nothing weird going on here (Lol)...just good tech help/advice & some humor now & then!:)
:welcome2

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome, Toroidal. Great too have you here.

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
:welcome2 Always glad to have new faces around.

Reaction score
...I used to frequent another Mac Forum that slowly got weirder and weirder and now seems to have disappeared for what may be undisclosed obvious reasons, which was good when people stuck to things like tech advice.

I'd love to hear which list that was, and what seemed to cause it to go astray.

I've seen a number of lists implode. They all seem to follow a similar pattern. It's usually like watching a car wreck in slow motion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023 14" MBP M2 Max 32GB RAM 2TB OS 13.3
I'd love to hear which list that was, and what seemed to cause it to go astray.

I've seen a number of lists implode. They all seem to follow a similar pattern. It's usually like watching a car wreck in slow motion.
It was Macstack.net, was mostly great and there were a good group of people there but a good 5 that were off their rockers. Maybe they're here now, or some have been here all along?

Reaction score
It was Macstack.net, was mostly great and there were a good group of people there but a good 5 that were off their rockers. Maybe they're here now, or some have been here all along?

I've never heard of that list.

In my experience, it only takes one really crazy person to seriously destabilize a discussion list. All that you need is two to destroy it.

It's a shame when any Macintosh discussion list goes under. A really good Macintosh discussion list is invaluable, not to mention very enjoyable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.