New replacement on the way

F

frosty

After a frustrating few days and alot of huffing and puffing with apple tech and customer service they are sending me a brand new powerbook.
I hope the new unit will perform as advertized. I have no reason to think it wont since the problem I had was so unusual.
Now I can get back to learning the nuances of using a mac. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
A Linux Penguin will come pick it up.... Bring it back to the Micro$oft HQ and they will abuse it.... and install Windows3.11 on it!!!1111oneoneoneoneone111!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I... hate... you...
I've had 3 hard drive failures in a month and I don't get a new PowerBook, but 3 new hard drives and a logic board? BS.

OP
F

frosty

IndianPowerbook said:
what happens to the current malfunctioning one?
Essentialy the thing wouldnt shut off.
Go though shut down procedure pull the power cable and it was still running getting hot. You could pull the battery out and leave is out for several minutes put it back in and the computer would heat up and run the bat down.

OP
F

frosty

Absolute Zero said:
I... hate... you...
I've had 3 hard drive failures in a month and I don't get a new PowerBook, but 3 new hard drives and a logic board? BS.

It was only some threats of attorney general action that they acquiesced.
It took along time to explain that I had paid them for a new machine. Not a defective unit refurbished.
Though it's friday and I'm hoping it arrives today.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.