"New" Original iPhone

Reaction score
I've been researching this problem for a while on the web but I figure the best way to get an answer is through a forum. My friend just got the iPhone 3G so I have his old one. I "restored" it and now it's stuck in the "emergency mode". I can't even use the basic settings like Safari or maps. The phone I'm using now is an AT&T Sony Ericsson with a 64kb smart chip SIM card. His iPhone won't use my SIM card. I'm not on a data plan but is it possible to still use the phone with my current $39.99 plan and SIM card? How do I activate the phone to use as an iPod touch at the very least? Is there a program that I need to download to make this possible? Please let me know...any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
You will need a data plan to use any of the internet features. If you would like to use it for just SMS/Phone, you can unlock/jailbreak it so it will work with any SIM card. Just make sure you turn off EDGE.

If you want to use it as a iPod Touch, just Jailbreak and Unlock it, and it will be just that. A search on google will give you dozens of tutorials.

Good Luck
-JosephA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Google "pwnage" this is the program that will jailbreak/unlock. Make sure you follow the directions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
Google "pwnage" this is the program that will jailbreak/unlock. Make sure you follow the directions.

Download QuickPwn. Just run the program after you do a FRESH restore on iTunes. It will do everything for you as long as you follow the on-screen instructions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I second Pwnage and QuickPwn, I've done a lot of reading on this and they are are hands-down the best and safest way. Keep in mind, though, that no jailbreak/unlock is without risk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.