New notebook

dlk

Reaction score
Hi, I am student of high school and I have to buy new notebook. For school and after to University. I am choosing between Asus zenbook or macbook air 13 (4gb version). Usually I use notebook for word, excel, powerpoint. But sometimes I work with photoshop, virtualbox, pspad, filezilla. I want ultrabook, couse good portability. But I will use it as main computer at home also. In a past I had Asus N61JV (so old model) and old dell Latitude. Can you recomanded which choice is better for me? I expect so much from macbook becouse I have iphone and ipad and I really love it. So much better then others tablets and phones.
Thanks for all opinions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBAir
For me, I will choose a macbook solely because of the trackpad. The apple trackpad with OSX's mission control is so much better than anything the PC world has to offer.

For work, I have an HP Elitebook that has a multi-touch trackpad that looks just like Macbook's trackpad. It is horrible. I carry a mouse around with me because i hate using the built in trackpad. I have tried to find software for my HP that will give me some of the functionality I have on the Macbook, but nothing is as enjoyable to use.

My Macbook Air I use at home is a pleasure to use that no PC comes close to. It is fluid and elegant. Switching between screens and webpages with Apple's multi-touch has become second nature.

I even bought Apple's Magic Mouse for my desktop because it is better than a mouse.

Just my opinion.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am choosing between Asus zenbook or macbook air 13 (4gb version).

In a past I had Asus N61JV (so old model) and old dell Latitude. Can you recomanded which choice is better for me? I expect so much from macbook becouse I have iphone and ipad and I really love it. So much better then others tablets and phones.

You really need to decide which operating system you want to use…Windows or the Mac OS.

And of course…you can run both the Mac OS and Windows on a Mac.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.