New MacBooks are just as good/better than my MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Nope, no magnetic latch on the MBP...some may see it as a downside, but so far, hasn't affected me. I just hope it doesn't get stuck like some people have experienced. The "Pros" if you will, of the MBP still outweigh the pros of the MacBook for me anyways...I originally had the MB, but the Pro is just something else altogether...very happy with it. I have the same spec'ed one that you're getting! :D

x2

the only thing i dont like about my pro, the button to open the display up. WHAT were they thinking, it needs to be a better shape.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16 GHz 15" MBP C2D 2.33 GHz 2GB RAM, Black Video iPod 80GB

ok sorry, I would have gotten the 17" so I wouldn't have the same MBP as you, but its kinda big and heavy to be porting around, the 15" was perfect and I got such an awesome deal on it...so we're stuck with the same MacBook Pro.

Just be glad I don't wear the same clothes as you :p It annoys me to no end when I see someone who's wearing the same thing I am...

OP
BethanyLieb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic
HAHA! no I meant "noooo" because it oesn't have the magnetic latch hahaha... but that is pretty funny we have the same exact one. the 17" was too big for me too.. I have a 17" imac... I liked that but I didn't have to carry it around :)

Reaction score
If I didn't care about having a real video card, I would have definitely gone with a MacBook to save some money and get the increased portability.

Reaction score
Have you ever used a macbook? They are cheap, feel cheap and look cheap besides a macbook pro. I have had so many macs since my first, I have always gone pro, simply for looks. Also the speakers on the mabcbook are poor in contrast to a 17 or even a 15". Even the old 12" powerbook sounded better.

That aside backlit keyboard, looks, sound quality, sharp edges on macbook, it scratches easily.

OP
BethanyLieb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic
Have you ever used a macbook? They are cheap, feel cheap and look cheap besides a macbook pro. I have had so many macs since my first, I have always gone pro, simply for looks. Also the speakers on the mabcbook are poor in contrast to a 17 or even a 15". Even the old 12" powerbook sounded better.

That aside backlit keyboard, looks, sound quality, sharp edges on macbook, it scratches easily.

I love my MBP... I agree it looks high quality compared to a Macbook. My only complaint is the scratching... I recently got a see through case for it... wish I would've right when I got it because it has a few scratches. Mainly right where it latches there's a worn down area. I wonder if that would be considered under warranty since it's obviously worn and not something that I did by dropping it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
I had a similar experience.

The day after i bought my Macbook from a local store, the cpu went up to 2.16, the hdd went up to 120Gb, and all for £70 less than i just paid for this one.

Oh well, never mind.

Apple offer a 14 day return don't they! I think I would have been taking it back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Yeah the macbook pro is sooo much nicer in my opinion. They keyboard is a lot nice and the fact that it illuminates is awesome....I find myself sitting in dark rooms a lot when watching a movie or tv or something and to have it automatically illuminate is well worth it. So is the larger screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
good choice on the mbp! woot woot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
And I wouldn't take it back! The macbook pro does somewhat have a magnetic lid but in a different way. When you close it, the locking tabs pull out and hook into a couple of slots through magnets....to release them you need to just push a little button (which also flashes on and off when the computer is in sleep mode). You made a good decision getting the MBP...its a much nicer machine in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 Core 2 duo, Alienware 7700 3.2ghz, Iphone,Imac g5,Powebook 15" 1.5ghz
pro

Hi The Thing With The Pros Is That There Good For Editing Software And Can Handle Many Tasks. It Just Depends On What You Would Be Using It For........if Your Just Searching The Internet Get The Macbook If You Are Doing Demanding Software Editing And So Forth Get The Pro Any Q's Hit Me Up Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Stick with the MBP, trust me won't regret it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.