New macbook rumors worth the wait or not?

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking at buying a Macbook (blackbook) this weekend. However, all I read are all these rumors about how the new notebooks will be out within the next couple months for the last couple months. All these speculations have me wanting to wait to buy the "yet-to-be-released" book, yet I feel as if the current macbook would be the best bet. With the $100 rebate and free ipod touch for students its hard wait until the nwe books come out after that offer is over. Also, the new books may have bugs and gliches)as every new product), and the current version being the most reliable and such.

There isn't even much speculation of what is to be done to the macbooks either. This is killing me, opinions anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Read all the other threads about this. Nobody knows anything at all about time, changes, etc, so it's all up to you really.

TWM

Reaction score
if you need it now, buy it now. If oyu can wait, then wait...The current macbook will work just as well once the new ones come out. With tech, of your always going to wait 'for the next big thing', you will wait forever! Good luck!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
if you need it now, buy it now. If oyu can wait, then wait...The current macbook will work just as well once the new ones come out. With tech, of your always going to wait 'for the next big thing', you will wait forever! Good luck!

That sounded familiar ;)

TWM

Reaction score
haha I remember you saying that when i first registered here, and it stuck with me.... I should have sighted my source!

Reaction score
i would personally wait.
The student discoutn will always be there.
as for the free ipod, i could be wrong, but to me it seems like they are doing that to get rid of there macs (mostly the notebooks, which are very iffy right now) as of now. so you will get a free ipod touch, but possibly a faulty machine down the road.
you are going to want to wait, somebody did say that if your waiting for something better, you will wait you whole life. that is very true.
but at this point, its like waiting for something good, as opposed to just going through with what could (and from what i have been reading, would) be a faulty mac.
i'm waiting for mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'm not certain that the notebooks are 'iffy'. While it's true there are complaints on the Internet, you will never find someone post about how great their faultless product is. FWIW I've seen truly faulty products, and the amount of complaint is far, far in excess of the current complaints regarding macbooks. BTW, free iPods is also a great way to get rid of iPods before an update.

Reaction score
Response.

I am in a similar situation. I really actually want to buy the Macbook (blackbook) also, but the reason I am interested in the new Macbook coming out is that I think it will drive down the cost of an already proven machine, which just makes it all the more attractive to me. I already have an iPod and a printer and an iPod, so the discount doesn't factor in so much for me. Also, all I have heard as far as the new Macbook being different is in regards to its case, which is now apparently supposed to be the brushed aluminum housing like the Pro.

Reaction score
I just recently bought a Macbook (white) 2.4 after my 17 inch HP desktop replacement laptop was stolen from work. I finally decided to return to Apple after 22 yrs. PCs be ****ed. I still have a gateway desktop to be replaced by a 24inch imac by xmas i hope. the 13.3 macbook is perfect for my current needs i'm in an ambulance every 3rd day for the greater part of the day and need something small and light to do my online course work on. i luv my mc and am sorry i ever left apple. i have rebooted maybe 5 times in 3 weeks compared to every few days on the gateway (vista) 3 of those reboot were just because. not needed for any real reason.

if you want a macbook buy a macbook why wait? i doubt that any changes will leave you mad with the current lineup. i dont see my new macbook as flawed or buggy or whatever else negative has been said in this thread. but then again my othe machine is running vista.

peace out

brett

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
i would personally wait.
The student discoutn will always be there.
as for the free ipod, i could be wrong, but to me it seems like they are doing that to get rid of there macs (mostly the notebooks, which are very iffy right now) as of now. so you will get a free ipod touch, but possibly a faulty machine down the road.
you are going to want to wait, somebody did say that if your waiting for something better, you will wait you whole life. that is very true.
but at this point, its like waiting for something good, as opposed to just going through with what could (and from what i have been reading, would) be a faulty mac.
i'm waiting for mine.

No, Apple gives away iPods with Macs every year during the back to school season. It's not because of some desire to clear out "faulty" stock. It is very likely that your Mac will have no major faults if you get it now. If there is some defect in the current lineup, it obviously is not affecting absolutely every machine, and therefore Apple would replace it if there was a problem.

As to the alleged new case designs, I wouldn't hold my breath. Every MacBook refresh for the past year or so has been speculated to include new case designs, and it hasn't happened. In addition, the price of the machines is not likely to be reduced either, as Apple's price points are relatively unmoving. My advice is, as it always is, to buy the machine now if you need it now. Plus, if you do it now, you get an iPod from the deal, regardless if you already have one.

Reaction score
i spoke to my friend who is a manager at apple and he told me there isn't gonna be much to the new ones rather then something about a touch screen panel or something on those lines other then that its just a regular laptop.

so i bought the black macbook as his recomendation

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
i spoke to my friend who is a manager at apple and he told me there isn't gonna be much to the new ones rather then something about a touch screen panel or something on those lines other then that its just a regular laptop.

so i bought the black macbook as his recomendation

Yeah we kind of figured it would be along the lines of a regular notebook..we weren't like expecting a holographic projection of the OSX desktop with a keyboard >_>"

I just want them to upgrade the graphic card at the very least. >_>"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.