• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Mac site

P

pcjabber

Check out my new mac site. I think it is quite visually appealing :)... View it at http://www.bytewaretech.net/Apple/, and yes, it is case-sensitive.

Please, don't complain that the links don't work yet...its 1.30 am here, and I am working on the pages as fast as I can.

PCjabber

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
lookin good, i see lots of areas where i know u can make it look stellar. can't wait to see what u do with it.

OP
P

pcjabber

Do you think I should round out the "buttons"? That is, make the red/yellow/green buttons round, and the gray button that oval-shaped rectangular-circle thingy? (I don't know what its called or what it does, but I know its there in Finder windows....)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah you could round out the buttons http://www.musictracker.firestormcreation.com has the finder buttons if your looking for them, the long button is just like a half collapse button.. hard to explain what it does ;)
i was thinkin you were going to put the finder lines at the very top of the menu white bar.. but either way u like it works.

OP
P

pcjabber

Graphite said:
Yeah you could round out the buttons http://www.musictracker.firestormcreation.com has the finder buttons if your looking for them, the long button is just like a half collapse button.. hard to explain what it does ;)
i was thinkin you were going to put the finder lines at the very top of the menu white bar.. but either way u like it works.
Thanks for the logo source =)

Sorry for asking, but WTH are finder lines? :)
(edit)...And, where is the gray long "half collapse" button image? do you have that there?

Thanks!
PCjabber

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope, but the three other ones are there ;)

just search in the desktop customization thread, im sure ull find a image u can cut out of it there.

finderlines, are the pin stripes that run across the white menu bar. faint grey. look close on a desktop picture ull see them up there.

OP
P

pcjabber

Ahh sweet. Thanks, I'll finish this tomorrow. Its 4 AM here....Time flies when you're coding, eh?

(edit) And, thanks for the buttons....the red/green/yellow are there, check it out =)...

PCjabber

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
np, and nice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Very nice web site! :)

OP
P

pcjabber

Thanks...when it gets finished, it'll tell a lot about my experience switching, and how to switch, etc.....

OP
P

pcjabber

I plan on adding some more eye candy to it, but I'm gonna have to wait until Tuesday (when my iBook should arrive) so I can do some screenshots of certain things (I'll give you a sneak peek of one: optional 'scrollbars', using images -- perhaps even real scroll bars -- down the side of certain 'windows'.) I am also going to convert my hard-coded stuff to using MySQL, so the site may look strange for a while tonight -- perhaps I'll do it tonight, perhaps tomorrow or next week, dunno. Prolly focus on content atm, i.e. "how to switch" etc...

PCjabber

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, I use a special spam mail address... designated for spam... though it seems the other addresses get more spam, seeing how they are all over the web and my software, music, fun, school websites. ;)

recently i hvnt been getting much, though i still get it once and a while. I figure, i get spam, i might as well get paid to read it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
You're right, as long as spam is gonna come to me, I might as well get some $$ for it. I'm gonna sign up and try it. Graphite: you got the referal :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks ;)

even though its like 0.02¢ a read... i guess it adds up... im around 14$ lol been doing this for a few months.

OP
P

pcjabber

OMG! 2c per read?????? It's gonna take me a year to get $25! hehe
Though, with the $10 bonus, maybe not =)
And, how do they verify that you are reading them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you need to click on the link at the bottom of the page, it will take you to a webpage, and it will then vairify them.

OP
P

pcjabber

Should I have gotten some mail by now? I signed up last night at about 0:00.... Its now 20:00 tonight......(yes, I enjoy using 24-hr time -- I'm a UNIX geek, though, I use both times variably...)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.