New Mac Pro?

Reaction score
I am going to buy a Mac Pro but read that it is getting close to a new release. Does anyone have any details or know anything else? Right now I am just waiting for the new version to come out before I make a purchase and it is a tough wait. Any guesses as to when it will be released? I figured mid summer. Thanks!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Your guess is as good as ours..there are numerous rumors about what could possibly be in the Mac Pro..but who can say for certain..

Regards

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I've been anxiously awaiting the Core i7 MacBook Pro's, but still nothing. There have been rumors flying around that they will be out this month sometime, but those are all still rumors. Apple is *very* tight-lipped about product updates - no one ever seems to *really* know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I am going to buy a Mac Pro but read that it is getting close to a new release. Does anyone have any details or know anything else? Right now I am just waiting for the new version to come out before I make a purchase and it is a tough wait. Any guesses as to when it will be released? I figured mid summer. Thanks!

No one knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well remember the 30day return policy.

And if they do bring something out within 30days of you buying you can return it and upgrade.
IMO it would be silly to wait. Who can even say that  WILL upgrade this year. Its a given they will, if you go on past years, but everyone was waiting, for the next Gen's when they bought out the iPad.
If you need one now buy it now.If your just waiting for the newest and beautist you will be forever waiting for it .....

OP
W
Reaction score
Well remember the 30day return policy.

And if they do bring something out within 30days of you buying you can return it and upgrade.
IMO it would be silly to wait. Who can even say that  WILL upgrade this year. Its a given they will, if you go on past years, but everyone was waiting, for the next Gen's when they bought out the iPad.
If you need one now buy it now.If your just waiting for the newest and beautist you will be forever waiting for it .....

Are you saying if you knew in 40 days you could get a better or cheaper computer than what you could get right now you would still buy one now? I guess I would generally agree with you if it were mid production cycle but it seems like it is close to the end (although I know I really don't have any idea).

My main use is going to be scientific computing. I am mainly waiting to see if the new version would have a faster standard CPU. I am planning on going with the dual quads but am having a hard time justifying an extra $1200 to upgrade them so they are faster than my laptop CPU. This wouldn't affect my work that much but I think it would be noticeable for everyday use (mainly Latex, Illustrator, and Matlab).

Reaction score
Are you saying if you knew in 40 days you could get a better or cheaper computer than what you could get right now you would still buy one now? I guess I would generally agree with you if it were mid production cycle but it seems like it is close to the end (although I know I really don't have any idea).

My main use is going to be scientific computing. I am mainly waiting to see if the new version would have a faster standard CPU. I am planning on going with the dual quads but am having a hard time justifying an extra $1200 to upgrade them so they are faster than my laptop CPU. This wouldn't affect my work that much but I think it would be noticeable for everyday use (mainly Latex, Illustrator, and Matlab).
Don’t listen to him.
The new Mac Pro is strongly rumored to be a hexa-core and to be released this March. Look at this buyer’s guide and it shows how many days it has been past the Mac Pro’s launch. I, like you, have also been waiting.

Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.