New Mac Owner here. :)

L

lightninja

I'm a proud new owner of a G4! I don't even want to touch my pc anymore (although it still need it sometimes). Just saying what's up! Is this a fairly new board? We definitely need some more people in here.

Anyways, I wouldnt call myself a convert because my first computer was an Apple 2gs (from back in the 80's). In fact, I think I still have that computer around back at my parents house. And I used macs throughout school.

oh and off topic... I don't know who the owner of this site is, but wouldn't it look really cool if this site had the graphite color scheme? Just a thought. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrat lightninja on your g4, also welcome aboard. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Welcome to the boards man! make yourself at home.
This is still a very young forum so were just picken up.

OP
N

nexKreed

currently the owner of one of the sickest powerhouses at my college ive decided im sick of the crap that comes with the windows OS. upon learning i was to be attending a University with a T1 connection all for myself i refused to go with anything but the biggest baddest gaming machine i could construct. a year later and ive about all i can take of the constant errors and messed up files that windows is all about. this is my third computer and each and every one has had its own problems.

so, i decided that for next year i was going to do something drastic, something both my friends and my parents wouldnt understand. i was going to buy a Mac. for as long as ive been engrossed in computers ive known the story of the creative genious and his partner who sold out and made millions. i have been inspired by the level of quality and creativity that Mac represents. after browsing the podiums scattered about my local Apple store (located in the controversial anti anti-war protest Crossgates Mall in NY) i decided the G4 PowerBook with its sexy seducing SuperDrive was the most bang for my buck.

soon after i was given the opportunity to decide what computer my girlfriend should purchase for her first year of college. upon telling her to buy the same Mac laptop as myself both her and her mother were not too sure if they wanted to venture into a world outside Windows. after explaining the benefits and compatibility the PowerBook offered their concerns were addressed.

this PC diehard and his girlfriend are convinced, and we've switched.

OP
H

hokiethang

agreed, i love my powerbook with the superdrive. I have been pushing some of my friends to make the switch as well and convincing them to get powerbooks. I also get the looks from some of my co-workers not wanting to leave the windows world, but being a unix systems administrator has me already outside the windows world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
The best times are yet to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Fairly new Mac owner myself. Welcome :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
I just recently got my G3 iMac, and I love it!

I use it most of the time, although I still need to use my windows laptop for watching/recording TV, burning CDs/DVDs and processor heavy stuff (Athlon 64 3200+ against a G3 400MHz).

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
nexKreed said:
currently the owner of one of the sickest powerhouses at my college ive decided im sick of the crap that comes with the windows OS. upon learning i was to be attending a University with a T1 connection all for myself i refused to go with anything but the biggest baddest gaming machine i could construct. a year later and ive about all i can take of the constant errors and messed up files that windows is all about. this is my third computer and each and every one has had its own problems.

so, i decided that for next year i was going to do something drastic, something both my friends and my parents wouldnt understand. i was going to buy a Mac. for as long as ive been engrossed in computers ive known the story of the creative genious and his partner who sold out and made millions. i have been inspired by the level of quality and creativity that Mac represents. after browsing the podiums scattered about my local Apple store (located in the controversial anti anti-war protest Crossgates Mall in NY) i decided the G4 PowerBook with its sexy seducing SuperDrive was the most bang for my buck.

soon after i was given the opportunity to decide what computer my girlfriend should purchase for her first year of college. upon telling her to buy the same Mac laptop as myself both her and her mother were not too sure if they wanted to venture into a world outside Windows. after explaining the benefits and compatibility the PowerBook offered their concerns were addressed.

this PC diehard and his girlfriend are convinced, and we've switched.

Same story here except I belive I am on a fibre optic connection (OC3?) and I'm working on getting the girlfriend to switch. :yinyang:

OP
L

lil

Despite the thread being from 2003, I am presently the proud owner of two yoghurt pots connected via string for my Internet connection. :flower:

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.