New Mac-Forums Content

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey everyone...hope all is well.

We've added some new content to the site. Mostly site administrative items...but items that can be important for website SEO, legal, finances...and improved site "friendliness" for members.

What's been created are new pages for:

- Privacy Policy
- Forum Guildelines
- Advertising
- Cookie Policy
- About Us
- Terms of Service
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

New Buttons have been added to the Red Mac-Forums Header Navbar (FAQ's, Support, Advertise):

new stuff 1.png

- Two of the buttons (FAQ's & Advertise) are direct links to new pages.
- The 3rd new navbar button "Support"...
has a sub-menu which appears in the Gray-navbar directly below the Red navbar...which includes links to the new Privacy Policy, Cookie Policy, Advertise page, Forum Guidelines, Terms of Service, and About Us.

New Stuff 6.png

- Additionally...on the "Support" gray sub-navbar there's also an FAQ selection with it's own drop down menu. The idea here is to include the top 5 FAQ's we receive...while the FAQ button on the Red navbar will be a link to all FAQ's we assemble.

The FAQ information will ideally...improve website interaction for all members (especially newer members).

Finally there are some changes to the footer navbar/nav area. Links to some of these same items are included in the header navbar's.

new stuff 4.png

Please check things out...let us know what you think...and if you see any errors. We're basically trying to make it easy for members to find things that can be useful to them.

Thanks,

Your Mac-Forums Staff

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
For starters, I went to the News and Community Announcements page as the banner suggested and I see the below. The last page (19) is even older. As you can see the last post listed is 2016. I got here by clicking on the link from pigoo3's post on the Home/Forum page. Might be a bit confusing for some?

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 9.05.54 am.png

- - - Updated - - -

But having said the above, the FAQ is great.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For starters, I went to the News and Community Announcements page as the banner suggested and I see the below. The last page (19) is even older. As you can see the last post listed is 2016. I got here by clicking on the link from pigoo3's post on the Home/Forum page. Might be a bit confusing for some?

I kind of confused Rod...what's the issue...please clarify?

All that's supposed to be read is the "New Mac-Forums Content" thread & the info posted within. What does "last page (19)" & "2016" have to do with anything?

Thanks,

- Nick

p.s. Wanted to mention that the threads that appear in the image above (with the yellow background) are "Sticky" threads. These are found in almost all of the sub-forum areas of the website. "Sticky Threads" many times are help threads or info threads...and always appear at the top. Need to look down a little bit to see the "normal threads" with the white background.

This is the way Mac-Forums has been for probably the last 12 years or more! Lol

Last edited:

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Sorry Nick perhaps I didn't explain very well. At the top of the Mac Forums page was a Banner which said, check the News and Community Announcements page. So I clicked on Home, went to News and Community Announcements and what I saw is the screen shot above. I could not find anything more recent than 2016, nothing about the new menus. Perhaps I didnt look far enough. I found you post on the subject by using the quick link from the Recent Post column on the Home Page.
So anyone who followed the suggestion on the banner would simply see what you see in the screen shot, just like me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Perhaps I didnt look far enough.

Exactly Rod. You didn't look far enough because the subject thread "New Mac-Forums Content" is where you should have went.

Hopefully, you now have read thru the new content referred to. Anyway, take note of the new menus and also sub-menus.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Perhaps I didnt look far enough.

Thanks for clarifying. Yes that's exactly it...needed to look further down to see the "New Content" thread.:)

The threads in the list with the yellow background are "Sticky" threads (helpful threads that are always at the top of the thread list within each sub-forum subject area). The "News and Community Announcements" sub-forum does have more Sticky threads than some of the other sub-forums due to the nature of News and Community Announcements subject.

'Regular" discussion threads have a white background...and are found below the Sticky threads.

Here's a screenshot of the "News and Community Announcements" sub-forum...red arrows indicate "Sticky" threads...blue arrow indicates the "Mac-Forums New Content" thread (with a date of 3-19-2020).

New Content reply.png

Hopefully this clarifies things,:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.