New iTunes...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac High Sierra Mac OS 10.13.6
Hi,

I've got an older MacBook and I'm running OS X 10.7.5. Recently, I was prompted to download the newest version of iTunes, so I did (12.0.1.26). However, I like to use lists as opposed to picture of album covers for my music library. Apparently that feature is either hidden or not available with the newest version of iTunes. I listen and store alot of music that hasn't been released or is not for sale so I have alot of 'unknown' blank places where an album cover would normally be, making it hard to find what I'm looking for. How do I get back my lists for my library in the iTunes 12.0.1.26?

Thanks,

Bob M.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mIni *2013 macbook air *2011-itouch G4 32 gb (new repair projects:iMac G4 2002* imac g5 2007*
Preferences>General Preferences>Views-check LISTS
other than that click playlists
if not perhaps iTunes does not feature that option anymore
good luck!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Does completing the following steps get closer to what you want?

If you like the list view, you can even approximate a pre-iTunes 11 display. In your Music library, choose the Songs view and then click Playlists—that playlists sidebar should look familiar. You can still use the Column Browser (Command-B) in some views as well, including this one. The View Options menu also lets you choose which columns to display in list views, how to sort items within the list (by album, artist, or genre, for example), and whether you want artwork, and how big.

iTunes 12 introduces new look, less intuitive interface | Macworld

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.