new excited mac user, but stuck

Reaction score
i just got a macbook. everything is great, its really a neat operating system.

just one thing. i dont know why but after this morning when i try to go to comcast.net lets say, the videos and picutres dont load and all i get is a quicktime logo with a question mark.

im a real newb with this stuff and i dont know how to fix it

ahh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
This has been an odd problem for some people, based on what I've seen of it around here. I suppose a good first step would be telling us which browser you're using. Safari, Firefox, Camino?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
i just got a macbook. everything is great, its really a neat operating system.

just one thing. i dont know why but after this morning when i try to go to comcast.net lets say, the videos and picutres dont load and all i get is a quicktime logo with a question mark.

im a real newb with this stuff and i dont know how to fix it

ahh

Which browser are you using? Have you installed any ad blockers recently?

OP
L
Reaction score
i just got this computer yesterday. i am using safari. and i might have installed an update with an adblocker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Big trend these days is to use Flash for ads and content. After a safari update one time this happened to me, and it was because flash needed to be updated or something. Alternatively you could have plugins disabled. Go to Safari->Security to see whether you have plugins enabled/disabled.

To test if it's Flash that's the culprit, you can go to this entirely flash-based site (and the source of my avatar) http://www.homestarrunner.com

If that doesn't display, you probably need to update/reinstall the flash plugin.

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks guys. i installed divx and it works great.

thanks for all the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.