New email…can’t sign in

Reaction score
My wife wants to add Apple TV to her IPad, but when she tries to sign on and pay for it, her old email keeps popping up. She keeps entering her new email but it switches back to her old email. How do we establish her new email with Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1Max 16" MacBook Pro with macOS 13.2
I do not have an iPad, but on my iPhone (a 14 Pro running iOS 16.3) when I started its AppleTV app I could see that I am logged into my mac.com account because I can see my account's icon in the upper right corner. Clicking on that icon brings up AppleTV's account menu. At its bottom is the option to sign out (I had to scroll down to see it). Click on that and your wife should be able to enter her new Apple email account.

I will note that this AppleTV account menu differs from the menu I saw by opening my iPhone's Settings app, then scrolling down to Apple TV within that.

You should include your wife's iPad model and its version of iPadOS. If she does not have 16.3--and especially if she has IPadOS 15 or older--then you may not see the same options I reported above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
My wife wants to add Apple TV to her IPad, but when she tries to sign on and pay for it, her old email keeps popping up. She keeps entering her new email but it switches back to her old email. How do we establish her new email with Apple?
Is this old email her AppleID login name? If it is, I don't think it's changeable. However, I think she can change the email used to verify her at Apple ID .

OP
B
Reaction score
Update. I was in chat with AppleID for an hour yesterday. They sent me several links to try and had me do a number of things. I can’t even recall everything they had me do. Finally, they said they would be in touch in a week or so to give me further instructions. This is all for security reasons and I appreciate that, but a little excessive. If all this doesn’t work, I suppose we can reset her iPhone and iPad back to the original factory settings and start from scratch with a new email address.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You're going to want to have access to your original Apple/iCloud ID for all the media purchased previously.

I currently use 2 Apple/iCloud accounts. My original Apple ID which is with my @hotmail.com email address and an @icloud.com I created when I got my iPhone 4S. I share everything between both accounts/IDs using Family Sharing.

OP
B
Reaction score
Update. Apple sent me a link as promised. It was quite an ordeal but my wife now has a new I.D. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You're going to want to have access to your original Apple/iCloud ID for all the media purchased previously.

I currently use 2 Apple/iCloud accounts. My original Apple ID which is with my @hotmail.com email address and an @icloud.com I created when I got my iPhone 4S. I share everything between both accounts/IDs using Family Sharing.
I'm in a similar situation. I hadn't thought of using Family Sharing as a solution. That's less of a pain than logging out of one account and into another one. I'll have to look at how much is under the old account.

OP
B
Reaction score

Fortunately, my wife has never purchased anything with her ID, but thanks for the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.