New eMacs have 8x superdrive...Evidence of G5 UPDATES

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
the new eMacs have 8x SuperDrives, and the G5's only have 4x SuperDrives. I believe that this is good evidence that a New G5 is coming soon...I mean, they can't have a low-end model Mac with a faster drive than the top-end Mac....Can they?At least not for 3 months! Maybe for 5 days(NAB) but not for 3 months~~~~!!!

i also just realized that the eMacs have a faster super drive than the iMacs....This may mean that iMac updates are also soon!

W

WilliS

hopefully

by the way... has apple sued you yet for using many of their images on your website? hehe or did you actually get permission?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The rumors has been that a upgrade to the G5 PowerMac is in the near future. With the addition of a 8x superdrive in the emac, all it means that the next upgrade of any hardware will have the new superdrive. It does not dictate, that all of the Apple product line will be upgraded at the same time. It could happen, but highly unlikely.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do agree that it does not dictate it to Apple...But how does it look for thw lowest-end model to have a better optical drive than the highest-end model for 3 months, or any time period at all.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Apple can offer the new superdrive with out upgrading the hardware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I do think the iMac's will be getting an upgrade before the end of the month.. just a hunch :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Comprehension

rman said:
Apple can offer the new superdrive with out upgrading the hardware.

what does that mean? They DID upgrade the emac and it has a better optical drive than the PowerMac....I'm sorry, but when I pay $5,000 for a computer, I expect that it have better parts than a $1,000 one....Just my 2 Cents! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Apple doesnt need to do a full upgrade to the G5....they could just stop using the current superdrives and put them all at the 8x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I'm sure the 8X superdrive will be in the G5s if they are not already - I mean they have to!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.