New Display causing craziness!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Here begins my explanation of why these new displays are causing so much crazines..:

On June 13th I ordered my custom Dual 2 G5 with 23" Cinema HD Display. The Apple Guy selected an option to ship everything when all items are available. I was given an order number, as well as an estimated shipping date. My estimated shipping date was June 23rd. June 23rd comes along, without anything shipping. I was then given a new estimated ship date, which was July 5th. WWDC arrives with new displays. After WWDC I was unable to connect to the Apple store, although I was able to access every other page on apple.com. At first, I thought this was just because they are updating the store for the new displays, but I learn more as time goes on. Subsequent to Apple finishing WWDC, I receive an e-mail from Apple, which said that Apple has automatically upgraded my order to a new 23" Cinema Display. My estimated ship date stays the same, weirdly enough. Today arrives, with still no Apple Store access. Today I also received an e-mail from Apple stating that they had made an error in estimating the ship date for my cinema display. Since the Apple Guy who ordered my System had selected "Ship everything when all items are available", The estimated ship date for the entire order is then changed from July 5th to July 28th!

As you can see, from me taking the time to post this experience, I am NOT starting off on the right foot (I am a switcher) with Apple. So far Apple has done nothing but disappoint me with my personal experience.

S

SogniX

Something similar happened to me (ordering system for company I used to work for) - except we where the ones to change the order when new systems came out.

I think the ship date error/change was because of the new display.

Pretty good deal if you ask me, you get the latest monitor with USB 2 and Firewire hubs built in. You'd probably be pissed if you got the old one instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
You told me on AIM that you like the new displays better because they match the G5 also.... so for that little wait ;) you get better

Good things come to people who wait :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I agree.. I definitely know I would choose to wait and get the new display, then get it now and get the old. I think it's worth the wait! :) I can understand your impatience though.. as soon as you open up the box you'll think to yourself.. "Why did it take me this long to switch!" wahoo! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
guess what..... he phoned apple and he is getting G5 and display delievered seperate :cool:

impatience got me :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
good move! :) As long as he still gets the new display :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, Apple is sending me my G5, applecare, and free printer right now, and once the display becomes available it will also ship to me..Unfortunately that means using a dell crt for a month, but hey, its better than using Doz!

T

The Saab Pimp

eh, this is a common thing whenever they release something new and big. when the White CRT iMacs were announced, my sister ordered one right away...took over a month before it got here.

apple needs to either get a bigger factory, or start producing new stuff ahead of the announcement date, and then start selling them on said date.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The Saab Pimp said:
Apple needs to either get a bigger factory, or start producing new stuff ahead of the announcement date, and then start selling them on said date.

The problem is that not everyone can keep a secret.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See my new thread labled: Apple and Shipping....NOT a Good Start for a Switcher!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.