New 27" iMac!

Reaction score
I've been a member on this board since Oct 2008 and have been lusting after a mac since. Well here we are, a new 27" iMac! This thing is already way more than I've ever spent on a computer so I went with the 3.06 Ghz c2d. I can already tell you that she runs great. It flys though photoshop and lightroom so far. I'M LOVING THIS!!

ps - I actually like the magic mouse quite a bit more than I thought. I may still switch back to my cheap microsoft mouse. But this thing is so solid with the metal frame. The mutli touch is pretty cool too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Enjoy the new iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air M1 2020 Base, Space Gray | Mac Mini M1 2020 Base, Space Gray
Congrats. This is my very first desktop Mac...I'm absolutely LOVING it! I got the same model as you. The Magic Mouse 'is da bomb', yeah! Would love to get another just for my Macbook.

About the only thing that is irritating is that they don't include the remote as a standard option...it doesn't make sense, since they've obviously designed and marketed the iMac for multimedia (16:9 and all that). I barely use the remote for my Macbook but I can definitely see using a remote for the iMac.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. What types of things do you watch on it that you want a remote? Just curious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air M1 2020 Base, Space Gray | Mac Mini M1 2020 Base, Space Gray
Thanks everyone. What types of things do you watch on it that you want a remote? Just curious.

Home movies (family and kid events) and movies that I've bought and backed up to files over the years.

I'd like to start purchasing iTunes movies also.

C

chas_m

The remote is really handy for Front Row* and for Keynote slideshows.

*If you don't know about Front Row, just press command-escape, wait a few moments and use the arrow keys to navigate. Prepare to be amazed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
Congrats man, I got my new 27 incher back in december. And I actually like the mouse too. I find with the swipes it makes internet browser quite fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.