• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

NEVER BUY from eBay seller "djagh" !!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Some of you may have already read a brief account of my ordeal with this seller (I recently bought a PowerMac from him), but here is a link in case you haven't. If you don't want to click it, and simply want the short, short version, here it is: Never buy from or deal with the eBay seller "djagh". He's unkind, unprofessional, slow to ship, poor at communicating, etc, etc. Avoid at all costs. :(

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=897751

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Ebay is IMO loaded with more scam then that os I seem to have forgotten all about. One day things are gonna catch up with that lot

S

Solafaa

ebay is not that bad

If you research your item and buy from a +98% possitive ebayer you should have no problems. If you are going to spend a lot of money on an item its your job to find out as much as you can from the seller befor bidding.

I have been using ebay since 5 months and have had no major problems that an email could not solve.

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Solafaa said:
If you research your item and buy from a +98% possitive ebayer you should have no problems.

I did both of those things, but it turns out the seller is very undeserving of his positive rating (and I think more than a few are "fake" feedback). If you read through the feedback though, it turns out this isn't the first time that he's treated a buyer like this, even though he has a high rating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Its not just the feedback you gotta look at, its also the item that was bought. I mean, there is just one feedback for a seller who sells baby napkins and similarly, just one for someone who sells a powermac. See what items he has the feedback for. That should help.

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, the computer arrived today, and as I've feared, there are problems. It's clearly not the one pictured in the auction, and this one has a broken keyboard with a missing key, a slight crack in the rear plastic, and makes a random crackling noise accompanied by a flickering of the screen at odd times. The one good thing so far about dealing with him was that I emailed him to tell him about these problems, and he quickly refunded my money (he must have known that he sold me a shoddy machine, though he blamed it on his "partner" shipping the wrong one by mistake). He asked that I keep the box and the machine while he files some sort of claim with Airborne Express. I have a feeling he simply insured the broken machine, packed it up, and waited for me to complain so that he could make more money off the insurance than by selling it on eBay. :rolleyes: A very, very lousy eBay seller.

The funniest part is, after sending several unkind replies to my emails telling me that I was annoying, unreasonable, and that he's a great seller, his message in my Paypal refund pleaded with me to be nice in his eBay feedback! This coming from the person who himself threatened to leave negative feedback for me because I originally wanted a refund after 6 days without the item shipping out. :D I guess what goes around comes around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I knew I logged back in for a reason! Now I see how those people work, and clearly you have his motive and method pinned down! But the important thing is you got your money back! Really glad to hear that! Moral? No buying off Ebay! They need to do something or if people catch on, what are they gonna do then?

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
witeshark said:
I knew I logged back in for a reason! Now I see how those people work, and clearly you have his motive and method pinned down! But the important thing is you got your money back! Really glad to hear that! Moral? No buying off Ebay! They need to do something or if people catch on, what are they gonna do then?

Well, I'm not done with eBay yet - I just need to be more selective and research the seller more thoroughly. I had a great experience the last time I bought from someone there, so it's definitely possible. I'll have to wait and see what he wants me to do with this machine. If it turns out he doesn't want it sent back (which he most likely won't), maybe there's some way that it's repairable. I love all Macs, and I'd hate to see a classic one such as this just die. :(

J

jerodhusvar

witeshark said:

Ya know, you need to stop and think before you type... I have been using eBay, both buying and selling, since 1998. I have exactly 1 negative experiance while buying, from everything from a collector's soda bottle to a dual-xeon server. And I got satisfaction from that problem in the form of a refund from Paypal. I also have sold things on eBay ranging from computers to saddles to memory to books, and I've got a 99% feedback rating. eBay is what you make of it. Yes, there are unsavory characthers on eBay, but please don't paint 99.9% of us who are good eBayers with the .01% who are NOT!

</RANT>

jjh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
jerodhusvar said:
Don't paint 99.9% of us who are good eBayers with the .01% who are NOT!

I agree with jerodhusvar. Most eBayers are sincere. Some di<kheads tend to spoil the whole thing by being cr@p at dealing, and ppl tend not to trust eBay anymore.

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Strider said:
I agree with jerodhusvar. Most eBayers are sincere. Some di<kheads tend to spoil the whole thing by being cr@p at dealing, and ppl tend not to trust eBay anymore.

Exactly. As I said, from now on, I'm just going to be more selective about who's items I bid on and be even more thorough when reading through feedback. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.