Neo Office acting really quirky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
I've had Neo Office for a week or so and it's quite glitchy. It freezes, crashes and won't open things. I've never heard anyone complain about it. So should I delete it and reinstall it. How do I do that exactly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I would look for a plist file in your Username/Library/Preferences folder and delete it. To uninstall NeoOffice, drag it to the trash can or simply delete it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Use an uninstaller to make sure everything is completely uninstalled. If everything isn't completely uninstalled.. there might be a possibility for the error to repeat itself. :mac:

Reaction score
I have used NeoOffice for quite a while now on 2 different machines and have had no problems with it. Sounds like you may have a corrupted file somewhere. What I would recommend is deleting NeoOffice. Simply open the finder and type in neooffice and delete everything it brings up except your saved files. Then download the latest version which is version 2.1 and install it and see if that doesn't solve your problems.

Make sure you download the "Intel" version, not the "PowerPc" version.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I hope it will work better soon!

I would look for a plist file in your Username/Library/Preferences folder and delete it. To uninstall NeoOffice, drag it to the trash can or simply delete it.

I've seen this in other posts. What's a "plist" anyways?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Maybe it's a "preferences list" since it's in the prefs folder. But I dunno. :p

Reaction score
That is exactly what it is... it holds the settings and preferences for the program. Any time you delete a program, always look for the .plist for that program too and delete it.

Reaction score
Check you have the latest version which is 2.1 Patch 0. I had problems with NeoOffice crashing everytime I pressed Command + Q. I got around that by going to File -> Exit then press Command + Q. But since I updated to Ver 2.1 I have had no problems at all.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've been flat out the last few days, so I have not tried to fix this yet. But I did JUST dwld this, so I know I have the latest version. Like 10 days ago, I think. Plus it takes quite a while to dwld it, so I need to find a chunk of time to do it.

Can I just delete the Plist without screwing up the whole app? Do I search for Pist and look for one that is connected to NO? How will I know?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.