Need Some Help

Reaction score
I have two Mac Pros that were used for music production that I'm trying to get rid of. I'm moving on to the new iMacs. I'm just curious if you guys could help me determine what these guys are worth so I can dish them off. Here are the specs:

Early 2009 Mac Pro
2 x 2.93 Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon
20 GB 1066MHz DDR3 ECC
ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB Graphics Card
Serial # H09322M720H
640GB Harddrive

Early 2008 Mac Pro
2 x 2.8 Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon
16GB 800MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB
Serial # G882612TXYL
320GB Harddrive

I'm really just looking for a ball park. I using the cash to upgrad my studio setup.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

We would not be the best source for determining what your Mac Pros are worth. We suggest you check with eBay, Craig's List, and any other used Mac for sale agency of which there are many.

Another hint: Use Google and enter: "Pricing a used Mac" That will give you an entire page of suggestions. Good luck with the sales.

OP
B
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums.

We would not be the best source for determining what your Mac Pros are worth. We suggest you check with eBay, Craig's List, and any other used Mac for sale agency of which there are many.

Another hint: Use Google and enter: "Pricing a used Mac" That will give you an entire page of suggestions. Good luck with the sales.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have two Mac Pros that were used for music production that I'm trying to get rid of. I'm moving on to the new iMacs. I'm just curious if you guys could help me determine what these guys are worth so I can dish them off. Here are the specs:

#1 Early 2009 Mac Pro #2 Early 2008 Mac Pro

I'm really just looking for a ball park. I using the cash to upgrad my studio setup.

Hi - not one of the knowledgeable members here regarding selling old Macs, but I've sold some iDevices online - as already mentioned, there are plenty of sites - one is Sell Your Mac - out of curiosity, I punched in your info and got the pricing shown below - guess that 10 y/o Mac Pros are not worth that much but provides your 'ball park' estimates - you might get better pricing on other 'selling sites' or by negotiating on eBay or Craig's list, don't know, sorry - good luck and let us know the results - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 5.28.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 5.32.16 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.