Need "Pages" Expert to modify Template

krs

Reaction score
I use Pages very rarely and now have a template that I would like to modify slightly.
Spent some time with Pages yesterday to try to figure out how the template was created but got nowhere.

The template is for the back insert for a jewel CD case. The document is attached.

There are two modifications I want to make.
1. The outer horizontal distance of the insert is supposed to be 151mm - when I print the template the dimension is 153mm, so I'm trying to figure out how to select the outline and modify it slightly
2. The second mod relates to the outline as well - how to make it darker so it's easier to see where to cut

Thanks for any insight as to which option to use on Paes for these changes.

Hmmmmm..........
Seems I cannot attach a .pages file by just clicking "Attach files"
When I try that file is dimmed out
Any work around?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Make your own. Draw a rectangle of the appropriate size, with a very narrow rectangle at one end for the title. Group together and then Lock them from the Arrange Menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thanks for any insight as to which option to use on Paes for these changes.

Did you get your problem sorted out and fixed, as a solution seems to have changed with later versions of Pages:

Create and manage Pages templates on Mac

Expand: Edit A Page Template

And more choices...:

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:
OP
krs

krs

Reaction score
Make your own. Draw a rectangle of the appropriate size, with a very narrow rectangle at one end for the title. Group together and then Lock them from the Arrange Menu.
Thanks,
I didn't really want to re-invent the wheel.
But doing my own template may be faster in the end than to modify this one.
I would probably use Keynotes or a drawing program.

PS: I'm a bit surprised that nobody commented about my iffiulty trying to attach a Pages file. On a Mac forum I would have thought that this would have been a no-brainer

OP
krs

krs

Reaction score
Did you get your problem sorted out and fixed, as a solution seems to have changed with later versions of Pages:

Create and manage Pages templates on Mac

Expand: Edit A Page Template

And more choices...:

- Patrick
=======
Thanks Patrick - I'll check these on the weekend.
My Pages version is Pages '09

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Thanks,
I didn't really want to re-invent the wheel.
But doing my own template may be faster in the end than to modify this one.
I would probably use Keynotes or a drawing program.

PS: I'm a bit surprised that nobody commented about my iffiulty trying to attach a Pages file. On a Mac forum I would have thought that this would have been a no-brainer
I've been a long term Mac user but do not use any of these applications like Pages, Keynote, Numbers and so on in my personal space. If I have to use any of these things for the work environment, it's going to be Word, PowerPoint and Excel due to the need to collaborate with people running on Windows.

About the ONLY thing I can potentially see being used maybe Keynote if I had to create a presentation for personal uses, but that's about it.

Thus, you're going to get a lot of help with the OS and basic help with these apps, but no "expert" help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Export as a PDF. That should upload.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.