Need iPhoto slide show help

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this: I've developed a slideshow of my recent trip to India using the classic theme setting, but there is one slide on which I want to use the Ken Burns effect to zoom in on a camouflaged animal. How do I keep the rest of the settings on classic, but change just that one photo to Ken Burns zoom in effect?

I'm using a MacBook Pro 2016 and Photos version 3.0.

Thanks!!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I found this Apple Support article which deals with all aspects of creating a slideshow within the Photos app including the Ken Burns Effect.

Create slideshows in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

BTW, I am assuming you do mean Photos app (as mentioned in your text) and not iPhoto as mentioned in the Header.

Ian

Reaction score
Greetings

Ian, I could find no reference to Ken Burns in the article that you mentioned... or is it me?

A simple solution would be to resort to imovie where you can select just one photo from the bunch and adjust the Ken Burns effect as required.

A more useful program for slideshows IMHO

Mitch

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Mitch

No. It's not you. Maybe not even me.?

This is the part of the article that I saw, under No 6:

To select a theme, click the Themes button , then click a theme.
You can change the theme at any time. The theme you choose determines text position, fonts and the transitions that appear between slides. The pan and zoom effect, also known as the Ken Burns effect, is available only for the Ken Burns theme.

Maybe that's not much help after all. Sorry.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.