Need help with clearing Preview on Lion

Reaction score
I've been a Mac owner for 3 years now (with my iMac), and I got my new laptop with Lion last August, and so far I'm loving the "remember what you last had in a program" feature.

My problem is, I want to clear out what Preview says I have "open," because every time I close something there, it doesn't say it's now closed because I can click and hold Preview and see it's still listed. All my other documents are fine and remember when I say "Ok, I want to close this," but Preview won't.

Can someone tell me what to do? I keep looking for an answer but I just can't find one.

Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Preview >preferences >PDF > uncheck start on last viewed page.
Preview > File > Open Recent > Clear Menu at the bottom of box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 inch, Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5.Software Mac OS X Yosemite
Did you find a solution to this problem. Every time I open Preview all the other files I have opened in the past are there as well. I have cleared the "Open Recent" menu and unchecked the "start on last viewed page" box but if i do a two fingered swipe of my mouse, there they all are one after the other. Also, if i do a right click on the Preview icon in the dock it comes up with a list of them all but i cant get rid of them.
Any help please.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.