Need help!!!! Can't activate ipad :-(

Reaction score
So, I bought a used iPad air online off of eBay. I am not sure if that guy really knew how to use it because he forgot to disconnect his account from the device. It is currently stuck in "Activate iPad" requesting his email and password. He wants me to send it back so he can do it but I have already paid him so there is no way I am sending it back. I am hoping and praying that there is away around this. Please tell me someone can come up with a solution that will work. Thanks to everyone in advance for your help and support with this tragic issue!

-Mike

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Threads merged. Please…it's not necessary to crosspost. Also…not a "Switcher Hangout" or "Security Awareness" topic. Thread moved to more appropriate location.

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks. New to the site and really just trying to find the help quickly but I totally understand. Thanks again!

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
So, I bought a used iPad air online off of eBay. I am not sure if that guy really knew how to use it because he forgot to disconnect his account from the device. It is currently stuck in "Activate iPad" requesting his email and password. He wants me to send it back so he can do it but I have already paid him so there is no way I am sending it back. I am hoping and praying that there is away around this. Please tell me someone can come up with a solution that will work. Thanks to everyone in advance for your help and support with this tragic issue!

-Mike

Mike I just watched a uTube clip on resetting an iPhone and was surprised to discover that the same method (according to the author) works for iPad as well. I have not been able to test this myself but if he is correct you can reset the iPad to factory settings this way.
Unfortunately it may still be associated with his iTunes account but he can deauthorise the device himself in iTunes > iTunes Store > Account > Manage devices. He should have done that anyway.
After that it will take 90 days before it can be associated with your iTunes Account but that won't stop you using other functions.
See here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7...: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7UJD9JsRo)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.