Need help already ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
5K iMac, i7 Turbo, 512 SSD, Radeon R9 M295X, 24GB Ram
So I have been loving my new iMac and cruising right along. But I need some help now.

I have been using I believe it is Keychain to store all my logins, passwords and other information. Well today a box popped up when I was filling out some credit info for making a purchase online. In this box I unchecked about 4 things. I was in a hurry.

Now my iMac doesn't remember anything and I have to manually input everything for every site. Can someone please explain to me how to "turn everything back on"?

Sorry this isn't more descriptive but its all I know. I have a new 5K iMac running Yosemite.

Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Well I am not really sure what you encountered or how you shut keychain off but to turn it on;

Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
Select Keychain. If you want to, you can set a passcode to unlock your screen after sleep or after the screen saver begins.
Enter your Apple ID and password.
Follow the onscreen instructions.

Here are some apple links with more information if this doesn't answer your question:

https://www.apple.com/support/icloud/keychain/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204085

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Or to further Lisa's post, when in Safari, use ⌘, (command+,) to open Safari Preferences and look for AutoFill, and make sure those 4 boxes are checked as well.
Keychain Access stores all the information, but it is the AutoFill feature that does all the work, filling in Usernames, Passwords and CC information.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure exactly what you did, however, if you're using Safari to remember your login and passwords for certain sites, all those are stored in your Keychain application under "Passwords". From Safari Preferences, click on "Passwords". From there you can see if you may have removed the check from "Autofill" or may have selected "Remove All" which would wipe out all your saved passwords.

OP
Sharkz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
5K iMac, i7 Turbo, 512 SSD, Radeon R9 M295X, 24GB Ram
Thanks all for the quick responses. TattooedMac hit it right on the head. Once I seen that box come up I knew that was it. I unchecked all four boxes from autofill. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.