Naughty Boy

Reaction score
Joined the Mac world just over a year ago after suffering many years of Windows (mature user) ! Although my son had worries that I would not be able to get used to the Mac system his fears were unfounded, although I guess I have barely scratched the tip of what this 13"Macbook can do.
I am now moving into the media centre world and having tried the Apple TV followed by the WDTV Live , neither have quite what I am looking for...so now its looking like the Mac Mini for me, and hopefully I can convince the wife it was a special price;D
Anyway, if you see a garden being dug up by Police in North London looking for a missing male you will know the wife didn't believe me ! :Sleeping:

..Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Congrats, although you could keep the wife sweet by saving a few quid by getting a Mini at the Apple refurb store

Refurbished Mac - Apple Store (U.K.)

The only one up there now comes with server, but keep an eye out for a standard mini - one may come up

OP
S
Reaction score
Cheers....although I have been looking there. So far the only one was around £640 which is toooooo much. Although could always start a bank screw all my customers then award myself a mega bonus with the money the good people of the land provide via tax's.
Oh sorry about that, got a little carried away. Will continue my quest for the Mac Mini today.
Thanks
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 13" MBP, G5 PPC, G4 PPC G4 eMac
Ask at your local Apple store to see if they have any older models still in stock.
I bought my Mini 2 weeks after the new ones were announced. I bought the base model of the old version and saved 100 quid over the base model on the newer version. I waited for the new ones to come out, and then bought an "old" one. Not much of a spec change and for what I need it's perfect.
It's plugged into my telly. Plays all my music through my audio system, plays video and DVDs, surfs the net and does all you would want a general use family computer to do.
Also being silent in operation and having a very low power consumption, it runs as a music server and network "hub" 24 hours a day. The other 2 Macs back up to the external drive connected to the Mini.
AFIC the Mac Mini is the most home friendly computer out there. I love mine to bits. They are superb machines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.