• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My Tragic iPod Story

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I feel the need to tell the story of the death of my iPod. I will tell this story because it is late at night and I can not sleep, and I have plenty of battery life on my macbook pro. So here it goes:

It all started when I felt my old ipod no longer served my wants, so I gave it to a friend who could not afford one and purchased a new iPod ( I really wanted to watch video, i thought that sounded really cool). So I put all my music on it, videos and from that point forward, it went where I went. I had it in my car all the time hooked up to my head unit in my car. I took it when i worked out, and when I went on runs. It was a good iPod.

Today I decided that I needed to clear my head, and didn't care that it was raining. So what I did was grab my ipod, and my phone, put my shoes on and went for a run. I ran to the place where I met the girl of my dreams, and then I ran back. Just thinking, running, and clearing my head. I was enjoying myself.

I was almost home when I started to hear a really weird noise in my head phones. I can't really explain it besides the fact that it really didn't sound good. Next thing you know my iPod is off, and no longer functional. It had gotten wet. It died. But it died doing what it did best, keeping me entertained and focused, aiding in clearing my head and thinking, and making sure I didn't stop... I will miss it, but will soon be replacing it with a new one.

End Rant....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Wow, 2 tragic ipod stories in one day. iRye's ipod went in the washing machine.

So sorry to hear about your loss PowerBookG4. :( Mr.Pink sends his condolences to you. But it's nice to hear you will be getting a new one.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did not know iRye's ipod had died... hopefully your ipods are together in ipod heaven making fun of us for our stupidity that ended them up there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
For whatever its worth, I have heard of people getting their ipods wet (even soaked) letting them dry out for a week or two and they started working again just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
PowerBook, I really feel for u man.

Hope u get the new one soon and u start enjoying ur iPod experience all over again.

Here is to the Fallen iPod.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Open it, put it in plastic container with some silica gel bags and leave it there for one day or two, then try again. If you are lucky it may work again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Ouch, I take mine out in the rain all the time... maybe it's just a temporary thing *fingers crossed*

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
update: ipod turns on...when goes to play a song drive spins but doesn't play... so i guess it could come back to life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
IT'S ALIVE... wooohooo.

Thats great news man. Hopefully u'll be Rockin' again soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
put it in an airing cupboard so it dries out
my minidisk went into the bath
and its as good as new :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
update: ipod turns on...when goes to play a song drive spins but doesn't play... so i guess it could come back to life.

Do not turn it on until you are sure is dry. Water by it self cannot damage any electronic device, however, if voltage is applied, it will cause small shorcuts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
wet nano

Hi

i had a similar experience with my white nano
- it got wet in the rain.

that was 6 months ago and its still not dried out

its sits on my desk as a sad reminder not to let any of my other ipods

get wet.

do you think 6 months is long enough for it to have dried out? LMAO

regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
A good case is what i recommend. I use this one for my iPod Video.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.