My new MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook; 2GB; 120GB HDD
I just wanted to write and say just how much I love my new MacBook! I've been a Windows and Linux user for many years now but a work colleague and I decided we'd try the switch to Apple Macs. After an agonising two week wait for delivery my new toy arrived and for over two weeks since I've hardly used my PC. It's been fantastic to see computing done properly -- everything just works without any fuss at all. No dreadful trial software to remove, no drivers to update and it even comes with the operating system DVDs (the lack of which is a real bugbear of mine in the PC world).

Last weekend I got myself an Airport Express and can now listen to my music over Airtunes -- that's just so cool to me, Apple are just great! My only gripe is that having bought the black MacBook I'm now becoming increasingly obsessed with leaving finger marks all over it. In certain light it gets quite grubby quite quickly...

If you're reading these forums and trying to decide whether or not to make the switch, just do it! You won't be disappointed.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
congrats on the new macbook! welcome to the forums akwa!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Mac-Forums akwa! I have the exact same specs on my MacBook as you do and I love it. Welcome to the world of stress-free computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm in the same boat as you. After getting fed up with the Windows world, I got myself the black Macbook and now my PC feels lonely :black:

I also hate how the thing attracts fingerprints, but a quick wipe with a cloth and some rubbing alcohol gets them right out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
No worries, the black actually shows fingerprints better. The white just shows grime. Both are easily cleaned.

Congrats!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Welcome to Mac Forums akwa!!!

I gotta ask: akwa = aqua?

Great userid for a Mac user!!

T

todd51

You should clean up your new Macbook really nice from fingerprints, and post some nice pics. :mac:

We'd love to see some!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome akwa! All I can say is it gets better and better as you enjoy your new Mac. Come back to the forums often, you'll find lots of good info here. Yes, post some pics, we love 'em.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.