• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My New Gaming Rig!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4ghz SR, 256m 8600gt, 640gb HD, 3gb RAM
Ok guys, I finally did it! I built a sweet gaming rig!
I finally decided I couldn't handle using my new iBook G4 with its 12" screen for playing games, so I custom built a box just for games and set the iBook up just for homework and other "important stuff" (finances, digital pictures, projects, etc.)
The new system has:
Shuttle SN41G2 system with nForce 2
AMD Athlon XP Mobile 2400+ (she's gonna get overclocked, guaranteed)
512 MB Mushkin PC3200 (1 GB by summer, lets hope)
120 GB WD 7200 RPM, 8 MB Cache
4x CD-RW (Dual Layer 16X DVD-RW during the summer)
GeForce 6600 256 MB (oh yeah...)
And soon it will be loaded with all the sweets like Doom 3, Half Life 2, basically everything important in life...

Considering I still love and get use out of my iBook I dont feel bad using a Windows based PC, hey, at least I used AMD...

Anyways, what do ya'll think??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Very nice...when I saw the thread title I thought you were switching and made a mac for your gaming rig and I was saying to myself "Oh no please don't be what I think it is"

Reaction score
Interesting processor choice, let us know how that works out. I have a P4 2.6C with a R9800 Pro, it can play WoW at 1600x1200 well so I can't complain.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.