My Macbook won't startup. Major help needed please

Reaction score
Help please. I have to work on an assignment and I need my Macbook. It all started when I was playing with periscope. Then I put my Macbook to sleep then suddenly I tried to wake it up but It was still on sleep mode.

Then I force shutdown, and I turned it on again and it did startup. But it was extremely slow. Then when the blue thing reached the end, it still said, "Macbook starting up....." Then it went on and it couldn't get to the users interface. Help please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2GB RAM 500GB HD
Hmmm, try reinstalling Snow Leopard. Put the CD in and try startup that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450MHz, MacBook Air 11" 2013, iMac 21.5" i3, iPad 1,1 32GB
I had a similar situation last night. Did the MacBook feel or sound like it was overheating at the time?

I had to force shutdown a couple times, gave it a bit of time to cool down and restarted fine a few minutes later.

Hope the problem solves itself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 tower, powerbook, macbook pro (and a few more)
Hi there
Don't re-install the OS yet!
Try starting the mac up in 'safe mode' first. Hold down the shift key when you press the start up button. If you can get it up and running go to utilities/disk utility and fix the permissions.

That's where you should start.

Let me know what happens after that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.