• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My love of Apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I switched in March of 2006, when I made the big purchase of a 1.83 GHZ Core Duo iMac.

As the iMac got many problems, had to be fixed many many times, I finally gave the iMac to my brother, and got my new 12 inch PowerBook G4. It's a beautiful machine. I love it.

i love apple design. I don't know how they do this. The OS, the hardware, everything, is so elegantly designed.

I wanted to say about how much I love Apple Design, and my lil' story on my history with my Mac. I loved everything about the iMac, it was so neat. It was my first Mac. It has a nerdy-centimental value.

Just wanted to post this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
after spending about 12 years of my life with pc, i still can't see how apple can put a computer into a thin moniter like the imac or a small box like the mac mini. i'm still amazed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
not to mention the performance you get from these MAChines. haha man thats corney

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
I started my life as an Apple fan with the simple $35 purchase of a Macintosh Classic in 2003. (Which I am sad to say, I am selling...to help pay off the iBook G3 I bought :D) Then an Apple IIc in early 2004, and then (finally) a Mac I could use; an iMac G3 233 in late 2005.

Which brings me to my Mac Mini, purchased in late 2006, and my iBook G3, purchased early 2007.

Apple's designs amaze me, and I REALLY wish they'd bring back the "egg" design of the iMac G3-It was genius, pure genius.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
My friend thinks the Egg iMacs are corny looking. Oh well, they're cheap now. I'm thinking about picking one up and experimenting for a fileserver. Just something cheap I can slap a bigger HD in with OS9 to hold files...

That being said, Would my dad's PC be able to see the files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
My friend thinks the Egg iMacs are corny looking. Oh well, they're cheap now. I'm thinking about picking one up and experimenting for a fileserver. Just something cheap I can slap a bigger HD in with OS9 to hold files...

That being said, Would my dad's PC be able to see the files?

In short, yes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.