My iPhone 6 Plus is stuck on EDGE (E) data SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE :( my iPhone 6 Plus is stuck on edge on the Telstra network
i purchased an iPhone 6 Plus 128gb a few weeks ago from apple and when i received it i restored through iTunes (Latest version) the old backup of my iPhone 5 32gb (which was running ios 7).. after backup had completed my iPhone 6 is now stuck on EDGE Data!!and when im in the city i get 4g sometimes but i cant live without 3g data.. i usually get 3g all the time.. i tried resetting network settings, and all settings, hard reset, reboot without sim installed. and nothing helped, so i decided too restore the iPhone too factory settings (ios 8.1) and the problem was fixed !! so i now know there is something wrong with my backup, but i can not have my iPhone without all my past messages/photos.. so i then tried fixing the issue by restoring the backup back onto the iPhone 6 and backing up through icloud .. i purchased 200gb icloud data and i backed it up.. it took about 3 days..once backup was complete i restored the iPhone too factory setting once again and restored my icloud backup,, AND STILL THE PROBLEM PERSISTS@!!!!!!!!! is there something i can do too modify the backup or settings or something and fix the backup? its like its corrupted or something. it is also now jailbroken could there be a tweak or something that could fix it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Whow ..... you certainly messed that up completely and from your post above it is not clear what you actually did.
On top of that , it is jailbroken which adds another layer of complexity to solve your problem.

My suggestion is as follows. Reset the phone to factory settings and load iOS 8.1 and make sure that everything works fine.
Then create a new thread on this forum explaining clearly what it is that you want to achieve.

Right now, you have multiple problems at the same time and we need to get to the state where at least you have a stable iPhone6 with a clean OS.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
A
Reaction score
Whow ..... you certainly messed that up completely and from your post above it is not clear what you actually did.
On top of that , it is jailbroken which adds another layer of complexity to solve your problem.

My suggestion is as follows. Reset the phone to factory settings and load iOS 8.1 and make sure that everything works fine.
Then create a new thread on this forum explaining clearly what it is that you want to achieve.

Right now, you have multiple problems at the same time and we need to get to the state where at least you have a stable iPhone6 with a clean OS.

Cheers ... McBie

umm i dont understand why somebody cant help me with this do you not have iPhone experience eg icloud backups, itunes backups?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You jail broke a brand new iPhone 6+ and you expect someone to help you with it? Take it to Apple, it should still be under warranty. We have no idea what you've done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Big Sur V.11.2.3 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2019) 3.1GHz 6 Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB DDR4 SSD,
I believe I would try what McBie suggested. These people are very helpful if you don't get hateful with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
umm i dont understand why somebody cant help me with this do you not have iPhone experience eg icloud backups, itunes backups?

What an attitude.....I deliberately and knowingly created a mess and I want someone else to clean it up.
Pick up your responsibility dude !

As I suggested, let's first get your system into a known and stable state with native iOS8.1 and take it from there.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.