my iPad Pro won't charge :(

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a really really frustrating problem with my 12.9 3rd gen iPad Pro!
all of a sudden, out of nowhere it stopped getting a charge ! it happened yesterday, was watching Netflix with a type-c to hdmi adapter, on my tv and then I come to plug it in with my original 18w and 1m type c cable, and no charge! I try a different cable, 2m original apple type c cable, I try a spare 18w wall adapter that I have, I try basically every socket in my house, I try plugging into my Mac, nothing, no charge! battery just going down! I preformed a full restore from my Mac, completely wiped the iPad and installed the latest OS and still nothing.
currently has about 10%. now the really odd thing is, the iPad is able to still charge my iPhone, its able to read my hard drive, everything output related from the type c socket is working, but doesn't matter what I do, it doesn't charge!
anyone encountered a problem like this ever? I contacted apple support chat and they told me to take it into the store but its a weekend now and I'm trying to solve it at home. really helpless, any ideas would be more than welcome !
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Maybe something became lodged inside the charge port? Or maybe a pin/connector has bent? Can you look into the port with a light and magnifier?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Any chance that you are experience a general power outage and your whole house is down???

Patrick
----------

OP
U
Reaction score
Maybe something became lodged inside the charge port? Or maybe a pin/connector has bent? Can you look into the port with a light and magnifier?

well I did try to clean it with no avail, there's no dirt or anything inside and as I've said, as an output the port works perfectly! I can screen to to the tv with an adapter, charge my phone, plug in a hardware, sync with iTunes,, anything except charging!
I did look into it now with a flashlight and a zoom from my iPhone camera and everything looks clean and normal with the connector... its really so weird... I can take a video of that if it'll be any help..
thanks for the reply

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance that you are experience a general power outage and your whole house is down???

Patrick
----------

no, all the power outlets are working perfectly fine, I can charge different devices with the same charger, everything would charge from the same spot with the same wall adapter and cable except for the iPad!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I can take a video of that if it'll be any help.
Maybe, but only a photo would be needed. Just looking to see if anything is bent, as charging uses different connectors than regular data input output.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
I would change the adapter and possibly the cable as well.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I don't suppose your HDMI adapter has a power input as well? I have one with HDMI socket and Lightening input so I can charge and watch my iPad on TV at the same time. I would try that if you have that option.

Also, this is an odd one, try switching the device off then plug into your charger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.