My Final Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
If you were buying a stereo maybe.. a laptop.. it did have a keyboard right? and a screen? well then you have a laptop.. ack! my laptop didn't come with a superdrive! stupid Apple! oh wait.. I bought the iBook.. it only came with 256MB's! stupid Apple! oh wait.. I bought the iBook.. Ack my new G5 is bigger than a laptop! stupid Apple! Oh wait.. I bought a desktop.. I could go on, if the point is lost on you, the point is lost on you and there is nothing anyone says that will get it across to you.

Matt:
Mostly availability as far as I know.. I don't play games, but this is what I hear.. the games that are out for Mac, are awesome.. again this is what I hear since I do not play games.. hopefully someone that does will be able to give you a better answer :)

Cheers!

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

Murlyn said:
If you were buying a stereo maybe.. a laptop.. it did have a keyboard right? and a screen? well then you have a laptop.. ack! my laptop didn't come with a superdrive! stupid Apple! oh wait.. I bought the iBook.. it only came with 256MB's! stupid Apple! oh wait.. I bought the iBook.. Ack my new G5 is bigger than a laptop! stupid Apple! Oh wait.. I bought a desktop.. I could go on, if the point is lost on you, the point is lost on you and there is nothing anyone says that will get it across to you.

Cheers!

I love how you people rip and make fun of people that don't agree with you. Its amazing to see that somthing such as this, my opinion about a company, is shot down because your expectations were much lower for apple.

Anyway, lets quit bickering. Thanks for the "good times"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im not sure who "you people" is referring to, besides myself of course, and I was not trying to make fun of anyone at all and I trully do apologize if that is the way I came across. I guess I just find it strange that someone complains about something that if they would have read the specs they would have seen, but then again I am the type of person that compares 10 different companies before I purchase anything, compare specs, price, etc etc and like you sort of inferred.. I should not think that everyone is that way. I guess my point was that hopefully you learned a lesson and when it comes to a big purchase like a laptop you will read the specs and make sure it is exactly what you want and not missing anything you might need.. I read so many reviews, and talk to so many people before I make purchases and I know exactly what I want before I buy and like I mentioned above.. I really need to remember not everyone does that, but I do not think it is Apple's or any other manufacturer's fault that people do not read specs, people need to take responsibility for themselves and their mistakes, if it is learning to read specs or apologizing when they come across harsh and sound like they are making fun of others.

Cheers and again I apologize for the way I came across and I will attempt to not "rip and make fun of people" again.

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

Murlyn said:
Im not sure who "you people" is referring to, besides myself of course, and I was not trying to make fun of anyone at all and I trully do apologize if that is the way I came across. I guess I just find it strange that someone complains about something that if they would have read the specs they would have seen, but then again I am the type of person that compares 10 different companies before I purchase anything, compare specs, price, etc etc and like you sort of inferred.. I should not think that everyone is that way. I guess my point was that hopefully you learned a lesson and when it comes to a big purchase like a laptop you will read the specs and make sure it is exactly what you want and not missing anything you might need.. I read so many reviews, and talk to so many people before I make purchases and I know exactly what I want before I buy and like I mentioned above.. I really need to remember not everyone does that, but I do not think it is Apple's or any other manufacturer's fault that people do not read specs, people need to take responsibility for themselves and their mistakes, if it is learning to read specs or apologizing when they come across harsh and sound like they are making fun of others.

Cheers and again I apologize for the way I came across and I will attempt to not "rip and make fun of people" again.

I do appreciate your apologies, and give my own if I have/had offended anyone. I think that mac and pc users can live together harmoniously, help each other and learn from each others mistakes.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
lnetubaplyr said:
Well i just bought a house, didn't have any floor...***? I mean, i guess it wasn't advertised with a floor, but i just assumed...stupid me...

If you bought a house, it came with floors. It may not have the type of covering you wanted, but it came with floors, be it dirt or a cement slab, but floors never the less.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
lnetubaplyr said:
I love how you people rip and make fun of people that don't agree with you. Its amazing to see that somthing such as this, my opinion about a company, is shot down because your expectations were much lower for apple.
I have to deal with it all the time. :(

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

rman said:
If you bought a house, it came with floors. It may not have the type of covering you wanted, but it came with floors, be it dirt or a cement slab, but floors never the less.

Well in that case, my ibook didn't come with the so called "floor" at all. it didn't have a plastic port, a steal port, not even a fake port. So when i buy a computer expecting a mic port, and it doesn't have one, its the same if you buy a house, expecting it to have a floor and it doesn't.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
lnetubaplyr said:
Well in that case, my ibook didn't come with the so called "floor" at all. it didn't have a plastic port, a steal port, not even a fake port. So when i buy a computer expecting a mic port, and it doesn't have one, its the same if you buy a house, expecting it to have a floor and it doesn't.

Just to make it simple, there was a series of iBooks that did not come with a mic port. That is the one you choose to buy. You as the as the buyer must do the research before you make the purchase. During the time the iBook did not come with a mic port, Griffin came out with the iMic. Which resolves the problem. So with that the issue has been resolved. If you need a mic port, get the Griffin iMac.

As for you example: Your iBook came with a floor, you just did not get cable installed and have to have it installed later.

OP
C

Cloudane

Does it really matter? You can get a USB mic and headphone device direct from the Apple store for about £25. ($40?)

My Powerbook has a line-level input so that won't take an ordinary mic either (presumably), but for the cost of a USB adapter, I don't really care!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
No! Please! Not more analogies! ;)

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

had they gave me the "imic" for free, i would have been fine :D

OP
N

natomui

sorry, I skipped over most of this thread, since it was garbage - but...

I've been wanting a mac for the past 5 years, tuesday night, I took the plunge and ordered one. I think I just made the best decision of my computing life.

Also, you keep saying, "only 90 days," and I MADE SURE to ask them about the warranty over the phone and they said I have a full year.

...?

OP
V

vuschejan

natomui said:
sorry, I skipped over most of this thread, since it was garbage - but...

I've been wanting a mac for the past 5 years, tuesday night, I took the plunge and ordered one. I think I just made the best decision of my computing life.

Also, you keep saying, "only 90 days," and I MADE SURE to ask them about the warranty over the phone and they said I have a full year.

...?

Agreed, i bought a new g4 1ghz ibook maybe 3 months ago, Ive never had a freeze, NOT ONE POP UP, no spyware no adware. Its just as fast as my dad's 2.2 ghz athlon pc, As far as only using macs for eding and movies, ive never done it but im getting interested :-D, but for internet browsing ichat, network stuff Its definitley been the best computer ive ever owned.

Btw: My ibook came with a mic.... Did you buy the ibook brand new from apple? maybe im just posting on a very old forum but i didnt think apple sold the 800 mhz anymore

OP
C

Cloudane

I believe it's the technical support, not the warranty, that only lasts 90 days. But what kind of idiot needs support for using a Mac anyway? ;)

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

Cloudane said:
I believe it's the technical support, not the warranty, that only lasts 90 days. But what kind of idiot needs support for using a Mac anyway? ;)

Ha, all the idiots on this forum i guess...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See the wink in Cloudane's post? it was a joke...

OP
M

Matt

Did anyone notice Vuschejan's post??? The only reason why yours didn't come with a Mic port (or was it a free USB mic???) was because you bought yours second hand OR you bought your iBook when it was 800Mhz. If you bought it when there was only 800Mhz for the iBook, I understand your argument.

Sorry about your bad experience with Apple, it's not nice to be dissapointed in a product you were orginally looking forward to :(

OP
T

Temp

Inetubaplyr,

In all fairness I have found that, that is life when it come to computers. I belong to many forums, and on the ones that have a section to discuss computers in general, I have read all kinds of computer horror stories, for both Mac and PC.

I think the worse story that I read, was this one lady bought a brand new computer. She plugged it in, turned it on, and it exploded, followed by a puff of smoke coming out of the top of the Tower. If I had read all of those stories before I bought my first computer, then I never would have bought one. I would have said, "Forget it! This technology isn't perfected yet."

What I have leared about computers over the past two years is this. They are like buying brand new cars. You pick the car that you want. However, you have either picked the best one in the lot, or you picked the lemon, and you don't know which one it is going to be until you get it home.

Well, it works the same way in the computer world. You can buy their most top of the line model. However, you grabed the one that is either the best one on the shelf, or you grabed the lemon.

When I go on the many forums that I belong to and go onto their computer section. I see an endless list of horror stories for both PC and Mac. I mean I am reading those post and really gasping in absolute shock.

However, I feel your pain. I wouldn't like buying a brand new Mac or PC and to get it home and work, and work, and work on it just so it can sort of work. If I pay a but kicking price tag for a computer, I expect a but kicking performance from it. With no hassels. Nobody likes having to teach their computer how it is suppose to act.

All that I can say on your behalf at this point is good luck with Plan B.

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

Yea i bought the 800 mhz one. Oh well.

There has to be some people who've tried mac, didn't like it and went back, arn't there? or they just don't hang around afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.