My Drive on iPhone 6s

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me with an issue on my iPhone and if this is the wrong section perhaps a moderator would be kind enough to move it.
I received an email and attachment from my health board.The attachment, a PDF contains details as to my vaccination and includes a QR code.When I tapped on the triangle with a + sign, a bar at the bottom of the screen tells me it is being saved to my drive and offers the opportunity to move it.
When I tap on this it brings me to my drive and a number of documents including the vaccination cert, some of which I don't remember saving but all of which are greyed out.That is the end of what I can do.I cannot delete these files nor can I move them.Furthermore because I am only a basic phone user this drive is all new to me and when I leave it I cannot find it again unless I once again download the PDF attachment???
Can anyone help firstly by advising how I can get rid of all these files, secondly by telling me how I can find this drive when I need to?
In searching for answers I gather that without a 3rd party app iPhone can't save PDF docs.....is this true?Not that I need to other on this one occasion.
Is there not a way to get the doc into my wallet or on to my screen?

My apologies for the clueless nature of this query but I'd be grateful for what ever help people can give

Thank you in advance

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Are you talking about Google Drive? If so, do what you need to do directly from the Drive interface in your browser.

OP
I
Reaction score
Are you talking about Google Drive? If so, do what you need to do directly from the Drive interface in your browser.
Thank you Raz0rEdge. Unfortunately I don’t know what I’m looking at? I never even came across Google Drive! Where would I find the Drive interface?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I think what is happening is that the sender of the mail assumes you are receiving it on a laptop or desktop, not a phone. The iPhone does not have a "drive" as such. It does have storage, where files are stored, but in iOS, all access to those files are through the app that is associated. So, if you have a laptop, open the email there, get the document on your hard drive, then email it to you again as an attachment and just keep it in Mail. When you need it, you should be able to open it from the mail. Or on the laptop, import the pdf to Photos, then sync to the iPhone and it will appear in Photos there.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you save files you get on your iPhone, it should get saved to My Files. Your use of "Drive" is throwing all of us off.

Provide screenshots of what you are seeing blurring out anything sensitive.

OP
I
Reaction score
I think what is happening is that the sender of the mail assumes you are receiving it on a laptop or desktop, not a phone. The iPhone does not have a "drive" as such. It does have storage, where files are stored, but in iOS, all access to those files are through the app that is associated. So, if you have a laptop, open the email there, get the document on your hard drive, then email it to you again as an attachment and just keep it in Mail. When you need it, you should be able to open it from the mail. Or on the laptop, import the pdf to Photos, then sync to the iPhone and it will appear in Photos there.
Thank you MacInWin. That makes sense. I suppose it’s not critical in that I can open the mail and attachment and if I need to show the cert and QR I can. I just thought that I could store it somewhere on the phone where the QR would be more accessible in an airport or restaurant etc than trying the palaver with the mail. So doing as you suggested and storing it in photos will be grand.
Can I ask, where on the phone are these files I’m seeing when I save it? As I say they are all greyed out and I’d prefer to get rid of them? Thank you again

OP
I
Reaction score
If you save files you get on your iPhone, it should get saved to My Files. Your use of "Drive" is throwing all of us off.

Provide screenshots of what you are seeing blurring out anything sensitive.
My apologies for the confusion but what I am being told when I tap on what I presume is save is that the PDF is ‘Saving To Drive’ and then ‘Saved To Drive’. The place wherever it is that it’s gone looks like this attached with many more versions of the PDF saved as I tried to figure it out. I don’t know how to blur but it’s all fairly in distinct anyway.

Attachments

• 3314A044-0404-4ECF-9020-0BDB706C3423.png
    3314A044-0404-4ECF-9020-0BDB706C3423.png
    276 KB · Views: 11

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.