• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My Dinner - Tuna Steak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Tuna with olive oil and smoked pepper grilled to about medium/medium rare. Sushi rice fixed with rice wine, salt, and sugar. Mayo & Sriracha mix layered with straight Sriracha on top for looks / dippage.

I also fixed garlic mashed potatoes with a tiny bit of old bay and soy sauce with wasabi to dip the tuna in and top the rice with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Not too shabby. I love tuna steaks if they are cooked right (i.e. not dried out).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I would have had the tuna a little more rare, but still looks good.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I had a double cheeseburger :Evil:

Sounds well yummy though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
My dinner:

Two slices of fresh bread with ground roasted peanuts mixed with sugar, salt and oil along with a sweet strawberry sauce. Served with thinly sliced fried potatoes, lightly salted. A red '93 Chardonnay to wash it down.

...Okay, okay. It was a plain ol' peanut butter and jelly sandwich with potato chips and cherry kool-aid. Jif and Smuckers, simply the best! :Angry-Tongue:

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I would have had the tuna a little more rare, but still looks good.

:)

It was still nice and raw on the inside. I had the grill at about 550. About a minute and a half on each side just to finish it.

I would have cut it and fanned it out for the photos, but I had my Doberman over for a visit and it was taking all his will power when I told him sit stay...especially since the table was about eye height to him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
It was still nice and raw on the inside.

Have you ever used raw tuna prepared the Polynesian way?

Cut fresh tuna into chunks of about 1/2" sq, and marinate them in a bowl of coconut milk (prob tinned, shake it well first), one small or medium white onion chopped finely, the juice of 3 or 4 fresh limes, with salt and maybe raw sugar to taste. Mix it well, and then leave it for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight. Some like to chill it as well, but I prefer it at room temp. To be eaten with the fingers. It is both healthy and delicious. A chilled Sav Blanc or Chard goes well with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
It was still nice and raw on the inside. I had the grill at about 550. About a minute and a half on each side just to finish it.

I would have cut it and fanned it out for the photos, but I had my Doberman over for a visit and it was taking all his will power when I told him sit stay...especially since the table was about eye height to him.

LOL! Nice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
I like the picture! Not sure I'd be very keen on eating the meal though >.<

Hope you enjoyed it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You have a black table?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Looks like white oak, mission style

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I like the picture! Not sure I'd be very keen on eating the meal though >.<

Hope you enjoyed it!

I would not eat the picture, but I would for sure eat that meal! Looks so good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I made myself a soup with beef, vegetables and those oodon noodles in it. Like one of those laksa style soups. Was quite nice.

You're meal looks nice but not enough greens for my liking. And yep you cooked the fish just right. Why I'm saying that is most people I know can not do this.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I made myself a soup with beef, vegetables and those oodon noodles in it. Like one of those laksa style soups. Was quite nice.

You're meal looks nice but not enough greens for my liking. And yep you cooked the fish just right. Why I'm saying that is most people I know can not do this.

I grill a lot. I got a new grill about a month ago and the first thing I fix was a 3lb brisket. Smoked it at about 250-275 degrees for 3.5 hours over a can of beer. It was delicious and a nice medium in the middle.

I always fix my steaks between medium & rare unless I'm being distracted and my chicken comes of right after the verge of being done. I'm really careful with that, but I can't stand chicken that's been on the grill for too long and gets dry and chewy. Normally I just fix beer can chicken though and don't have to worry about it.

I think I posted this photo before...this was the steak topping to my curry:

Ed: I found a recipe for Udon one night that turned out fairly well. I need bigger bowls though:

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
LOL I like how you post pics of the food. I want to see some pics of you grilling. ^-^"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stock BlackBook
my dinner for tonight: In 'N' Out Double Double with Grilled Onions Burger, fries, and some Strawberry shake. ok... im hungry, gonna go and get it now. :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
my dinner for tonight: In 'N' Out Double Double with Grilled Onions Burger, fries, and some Strawberry shake. ok... im hungry, gonna go and get it now. :D

Except for the shake I had that 2 weeks ago. ABout due for another In N' Out visit!! :D

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
LOL I like how you post pics of the food. I want to see some pics of you grilling. ^-^"

That's a bit difficult since I'm the photographer.

That's why I started cooking stuff lately. I needed food pics for my portfolio.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.