my delete button wont work!

Reaction score
i dont know what i did but my delete button wont work and the only way it'll work is if i press "shift" and "delete" at the same time... someone help me out because this is annoying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Using it in what context? Deleting text, files, etc, all?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
text (typing)

The delete key on a Mac, works like a backspace key on a Windows machine. You can use it like a delete key if you use it in tandem with Fn.

OP
C
Reaction score
but i want to just simply press delete rather than press shift and delete at the same time. any suggestions as to what i can do to fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
You can't. If you want to use it like a delete key you have to press the "Fn" key along with the "delete" key.

OP
C
Reaction score
so if im typing something and i made a mistake, the only way i can go and erase it is if i press delete and shift or delete and fn at the same time? i cant simply press delete? do you think the apple store could help me?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.