My dashboard icon disappeared from my Doc

Reaction score
Help I have no idea what I did but my dashboard icon disappeared from my doc. How do I put it back?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
go to your applications folder and drag the dashboard icon from there onto the dock where you want it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
You probably accidentally dragged it off the Dock, and it obediently went *poof*. Yeah, seriously. I would do this routinely by accident when I first started using a Wacom tablet (usually with Finder Sidebar icons.)

That said, since Dashboard is always running anyway and the only way to disable it is to use a command line, uh, command I've since intentionally dragged it off the dock. Yes, it's running, I'll hit F12 to invoke it, thanks. I've got enough things on my Dock. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
To LOCK your Dock so that no one inadvertently removes an icon from the Dock, use the following Terminal Command (Copy and Paste it it the Terminal) followed by pressing ENTER:

defaults write com.apple.dock contents-immutable -bool true

To UNLOCK the Dock, in order to add/remove icons from the Dock, copy/paste the following command in the Terminal, followed by pressing ENTER:

defaults delete com.apple.dock contents-immutable

Reaction score
I found out today there's a way to lock the dock if you download Onyx as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.