My complicated windows 7 issue

Reaction score
Hi there,
Before Apple releases the drivers for installing Windows 7 I had to install a new windows and couldn't wait for apple so what I did was I removed everything and installed a new windows 7. That means I removed MAC OS.

My hard disk now has 4 parts as I see in my windows Disk Management

System Reserved 100MB
WindowsSeven C: 175 GB (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary partition)
29.16 GB Primary Partition, that I have installed Ubuntu on
And 27.94 GB Unallocated that I wish to install MAC OS on

Now here is my problem,
All divers that I see on apple's website are either for Vista or MAC OS, how the heck am I supposed to install the hardware drivers on Windows 7? My Mighty Mouse doesn't work :( I need to update my bootcamp, and there is no MAC OS on my computer so how am I supposed to do it?

I guess to summerize my problem I have to say I'm looking for a way to update my bootcamp and I only have Windows 7 and Ubuntu on my computer.

Then hopefully I will be able to install mac os as well.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Advice: Wipe the machine, start over, and do it right this time. :(

Sorry for such pointed advice, but what you have now is an unworkable mess.

Get your machine back to the way it was when you purchased it and start over.

Regards.

OP
U
Reaction score
So apple is not planning to release drivers for windows 7 that would install on windows 7? I have to have vista/mac to be able to update the bootcamp?

Reaction score
First of all, Why would u delete osx?

U can partition your drive however you would like but deleting osx is just a move that I don't understand. So do like the other guy stated completely erase the hard drive and start over. Install osx, partition your drive then install windows 7 if you like, and then make a 3rd partition for your ubuntu. Then there u go. U have all three OS' that you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
BootCamp is part of OSX - save yourself the headache and reinstall Mac OSX, then plan your partition schemes with Ubuntu and Vista/Win7 in mind.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So apple is not planning to release drivers for windows 7 that would install on windows 7? I have to have vista/mac to be able to update the bootcamp?

Apple has already released drivers for Windows 7 x 32 and x 64. The latest update which contains the drivers and other enhancements is Boot Camp 3.1 which must be installed from within Windows.

However, as I stated in my original reply (and as others agree) you need to start over by re-installing OS X and get your machine back where you can use BC to install Windows 7.

If you still wish to triple boot, search the forum for answers and methods. This has been discussed numerous times.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"
I believe what's important is for one to take the time to _read_ the excellent instructions Apple provides, _before_ embarking on the installation of whatever version of Windows one chooses to put on the boot camp partion. I know that as someone very new to Mac, I did just that. I spent some time educating myself by reading the info provided and my install of Win 7 went just fine. I could not be happier. I am very impressed with the good job that Apple did to make it easy for us.
Cheers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Also, be sure to print out the instructions (as advised in the literature) before proceeding.
Trying to do it by memory, you are sure to get it wrong along the way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I believe what's important is for one to take the time to _read_ the excellent instructions Apple provides, _before_ embarking on the installation of whatever version of Windows one chooses to put on the boot camp partion. I know that as someone very new to Mac, I did just that. I spent some time educating myself by reading the info provided and my install of Win 7 went just fine. I could not be happier. I am very impressed with the good job that Apple did to make it easy for us.
Cheers...

Very well said !

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Why would you complain of Apple win 7 drivers when the hardware is specific to the os? Yes, I get it, bootcamp is a standalone version of windows, but waiting for drivers from a company that makes OSX, made specific for the hardware is a bit odd to me.

And bootcamp is not 100% stand alone is it? ;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why would you complain of Apple win 7 drivers when the hardware is specific to the os? Yes, I get it, bootcamp is a standalone version of windows, but waiting for drivers from a company that makes OSX, made specific for the hardware is a bit odd to me.

And bootcamp is not 100% stand alone is it? ;)

Boot Camp is not a stand alone version of Windows. The BC assistant is just what it says it is... it assists in installing Windows by providing an EFI boot sector and partitioning for Windows.

And as far as waiting for drivers is concerned, Apple has done very well in providing specific drivers for its hardware in order to function in Windows. I wonder if Microsoft would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed?

Regards.

OP
U
Reaction score
The reason I removed OSX was that at the time before the release of the recent updates, I was simply unable to install windows 7, when I was rebooting with the bootable windows disk in it (after going to disk manager and all those things apple's manual says) it would only show a blinking courser and nothing else would happen.

OP
U
Reaction score
Apple has already released drivers for Windows 7 x 32 and x 64. The latest update which contains the drivers and other enhancements is Boot Camp 3.1 which must be installed from within Windows.

Unless you have something else in mind, what apple has released seems to be for vista not windows 7, is there boot camp updater released that can be installed within windows 7?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
I have windows on my macbook and i recently updated the drivers for windows 7 that apple released...

OP
U
Reaction score
Cheers...

The only thing available on apple's documentations at the time was that they are working on support for windows 7. I did read all of it then it was not helpful.

It's really painful to remove windows and ubuntu and reinstall everything back again considering all the applications I have installed on them, If there is no way to install OSX back, not only I will not be impressed by Apple, but I will also never miss their absurd OS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
There is a way to install OS X again, but you don't want to do what you have to do to rectify what you have done.
If "too hard" to fix the mess up that you have created is the way that you are looking at it, I guess Apple and their absurd OS will never miss you either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
Would you post the link for the download page please?

Its actually just a program that gets installed on windows 7 (in control panel) called apple update, so I installed windows before they released the update then ran that program when they released it in windows and installed it through the program. That programs is on the OSX install disks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.