Music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
I am currently running Catalina 10.15.7 and I am trying to search for a particular artist to download to a CD for play in a CD player later. I used to go in and search and then hit trial and if it was the song I wanted I could download to a playlist, pay for the individual song and then search for a new artist. Has this changed? If so how do I search and download now? PLEASE make it simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Same OS here and I can do exactly what you want still. Open Music > iTunes store > artist name in search. Whatv are you seeing/not seeing?

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 18.57.40.png

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have the songs saved to my wish list and am now trying to purchase and pu into the appropriate new playlist and it only offers me a gift to and I dont want this.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have the songs saved to my wish list and am now trying to purchase and pu into the appropriate new playlist and it only offers me a gift to and I dont want this.
I think I figured it out in a round about way.thanks for the response.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Please share your solution. It might help others with a similar problem.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Please share your solution. It might help others with a similar problem.
I searched for a particular artist or song and selected from the list that appeared. Then placed it in the wish by left clicking on the arrow to the right of the price. Went to the WINDOW on the menu at the top and scrolled down to the wish list. Once in the wish list I left clicked on the price where it downloaded to the Recently Added in the menu on the left side of the screen. High listed this RECENTLY ADDED and the song title was there for the year 2021. Then I right clicked on the 3 buttons in the lower right corner of the song title and clicked on the appropriate playlist and hit enter. There has to be an easier way to perform this function BUT this procedure worked for me. I then downloaded the playlist to a CD which I am now listening to. Very frustrating and time consuming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.