Music stops playing and reverts back to Apple TV menu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Retina 5K,27”, 3.6 Ghz 10 Core, intel core i9
Ever since I updated to TV IOS 17 the Music App will just stop playing and shut itself off. At which point, it pops back into the main Apple TV menu. Since I listen to music for hours at a time, this is very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

OP
SeaDragon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ever since I updated to TV IOS 17 the Music App will just stop playing and shut itself off. At which point, it pops back into the main Apple TV menu. Since I listen to music for hours at a time, this is very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Update

I tried to fix this by doing a reset on the Apple TV. After re-logging back into everything, I started up my music and kept my fingers crossed. No luck. After about 2 hours it popped out to the menu again. That appears to be the run rate. 2 hours and I have to start my music over.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I haven't experienced this since updating to the latest OS for the TV. I've also been known to play music for several hours at a time. I'll try this tomorrow and see if I get the same results.

Are you playing tracks from a library stored locally (somewhere on your network) or are you using Apple Music? That might not matter but it's the first variable that occurred to me.

OP
SeaDragon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't experienced this since updating to the latest OS for the TV. I've also been known to play music for several hours at a time. I'll try this tomorrow and see if I get the same results.

Are you playing tracks from a library stored locally (somewhere on your network) or are you using Apple Music? That might not matter but it's the first variable that occurred to me.
I am playing from the music library stored on my main computer. Everything is on the same network. The only thing that changed in my system was the Apple TV update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Specs of your main computer?

OP
SeaDragon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Specs of your main computer?
iMac Retina 5K, 27" 2020
3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.1

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I typically use an Apple Music subscription but I should be able to reconfigure things later this afternoon to test a locally hosted library. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.