Music Issues on iPhone 6

Reaction score
I plugged my iPhone 6 128GB phone into my macbook pro 13 to add some music via iTunes. The music will not add for some reason. , also what's even stranger is now I'm missing tons of music from my phone. It shows that I have like 1,000 songs on the "about" info on the phone itself, but when I plug into the phone and look at it under iTunes all my music still shows to be on there like 6k plus songs, so it's acting as if it's there in Itunes but not on my phone. What is going on? what can I do to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
OP
M
Reaction score
It is the the same apple address. I don't sync music, all my settings are manual, because not all my music is bought through iTunes. I've been researching and seeing that people have the same issues, but no answers have been given. It's just so strange because it's not on my phone and show's that it isn't on my phone, but when I click on music in the drop down folders in iTunes under my Phone it shows it all to be there, but then when I click on the device itself it shows hardly any songs on it. So strange for it to do this. I come here when I can't find the answer elsewhere, over the years Mac Forums has helped me out tons!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Did you try the link? Did it pertain to your problem? I have music through iTune and Amazon. I have both in my iTunes library. Syncing did not cause any issues.

Lisa

OP
M
Reaction score
I tried the link, it may be helpful with syncing issues, but this is something completely different I think. I just erased everything music wise from my phone and I'm readding now. From what I could find online this was the only thing that fixed the issue that I am having.

OP
M
Reaction score
okay this is crazy, I was just adding music back, taking it real slow to make sure everything was added. So I'm watching my phone as the artist and song info pops up, and all of the sudden the screen flashes and there is pink lettering saying

No Content
You can download music from the iTunes store

this happened around track 962 when I was adding Billy Joel. Still shows in itunes under my device that the music is there, and will even play when I click on it. what is going on!?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Murdock

I guess it's too late for this now? But when I had a similar (not the same, I admit) discrepancy between what I knew to be on my phone and what I could access, I simply did a hard re-boot of the phone and all was sorted.

You may have done this way back, of course, though you didn't mention it. Hence my belated suggestion.

Ian

OP
M
Reaction score
yes I did do a hard reset when my phone froze the other day, and after that is when I actually noticed missing songs, apparently this is a huge deal involving many people.

A women posted this in response to a thread about it. what do you guys think of this "Appzapper" and it's ability to fix iTunes 12??

Hey guys,

I have been battling this for DAYS AND DAYS. This is what I did and it works without a reboot, you don't lose your files and it is super fast. This is what I did and I was synching within 10 minutes.

Download and Install appzapper.com
Close iTunes 12
Open App Zapper (you do not need to purchase or register it)
Open App Zapper preferences and UNCHECK the box to protect Apple applications
Drag iTunes Application to the App Zapper window and zap away
Run software update and iTunes 12 will reinstall

Apparently apple has released a fix for this issue but it does not "fix" until you uninstall and reinstall iTunes 12

As for the "other" issue with the space where iTunes basically thinks you have no music on your device and tries to sync it all twice. Well once you get iTunes fixed you can either make a backup of your phone or use an existing backup and just reset your phone. This all worked for me perfectly.

Hope this helps.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thanks for the feedback. And very pleased to hear that your problem is sorted.

ian

OP
M
Reaction score
Okay, another update,

I tried all the trouble shooting, and it worked for like 10 minutes and went to messing up. I got on the horn with apple care and they did a diagnostics test on my phone and found that there is a glitch in my operating system, apparently this has been a known issue and all you have to do is restore your phone and it clears the problem. I'm waiting on the restore process right now, as soon as I'm back up and running and putting music on I'll update whether it fixed it for good, or just fake fixed it for a moment. Fingers Crossed!

Reaction score
If it doesn't work you may also be dealing with the iTunes won't add this song error as well.

In mac and windows versions of iTunes iTunes will auto remove song's it views as suspicious or illegal occording to the CDDA Database of which iTunes accesses to get song information and names and album artwork the way to honestly stop this feature from doing this is make sure your apple ID matches on iTunes iCloud and the apple app store. this confirms your account and stops this from happening again.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well after clearing the phone and starting completely over it looked promising, but again it failed. I added approx 5500 songs to my phone, and 3500 were showing on it, then out of no where all but 936 disappeared from my phone, but when I plug it in and click on my device, and music on my device in iTunes it shows all 5500 songs to be on my phone, I can click on songs from those files and it plays them. I'm just not sure what is causing this, I may have to have my phone sent in for repair or swapped out. No telling. If anyone finds an answer to this please let me know. thank you all for your time and help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.